7022 Google contacts sync question

BrianRosentha

Aug 9, 2011
Here is a zip file with the signed apks for Calendar and Contacts sync. I installed them on my 7022 and both now sync. I did have to select Contacts sync from GMail account settings.

One thing I don't understand: On my phone (LG Optimus T), there is text visible on my all-day appointments. On the 7022, I only get a colored bar.

-Brian

Attachments

• $Coby.zip
    225.1 KB · Views: 758

cluenino

Mar 1, 2011
Sorry It Won't show up in Settings Since Coby Blocked it. What you could do is download the Gmail app and press menu then add another account. This isn't a great workaround but it will work. Hope this Helps

It's no big deal about the settings menu. I'm just happy about the overall sync calendar working. Now I can see my upcoming appointments. Thanks for all your help, you helped make this the best tablet on the market for under $200.:cool:

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
It's no big deal about the settings menu. I'm just happy about the overall sync calendar working. Now I can see my upcoming appointments. Thanks for all your help, you helped make this the best tablet on the market for under $200.:cool:
I found this app today called quick Sync settings, the app lets you go into Accounts and sync settings. Hope this helps. Quick-Sync-Settings.apk

selpheed

Sep 15, 2011
tickbricker - that was THE solution. Used the program you referenced, copied the newly signed zip file into the \system\apps folder, and using Quick Settings, accessed the Accounts tab, selected my gmail account and selected contacts sync! Its working perfectly!!!

did not work here. When I try to copy show the message "file is read only"

WillRXR

Sep 28, 2011
Here is a zip file with the signed apks for Calendar and Contacts sync. I installed them on my 7022 and both now sync. I did have to select Contacts sync from GMail account settings.

One thing I don't understand: On my phone (LG Optimus T), there is text visible on my all-day appointments. On the 7022, I only get a colored bar.

-Brian

You're ahead of me. I get the calendar and like you get a colored bar unless I look at the Agenda view. What I'm not sure of is how to view my Google contacts and integrate them once I've installed the Contacts.apk. Can someone help?

Thanks.

BrianRosentha

Aug 9, 2011
See the thread on lcd density. Changing it to 180 will allow you to see the appointments instead of a colored bar (requires root).

I still haven't found a solution to view my contacts.

-Brian

Gam3r_4_Life

Dec 8, 2011
Hey guys I desperately need some help here. Ive been trying for 2 days now to get my google calendar to work. I have tried several tutorials, several versions of the required apk's, and it never works. The closest I ever got was being able to open the calendar without force closes. So Im asking for help. Can someone PLEASE upload all the required files to get the calendar working. And a brief tutorial on how to get it right. I want to keep this tablet, but having google calendar working is a must. I would really appreciate it.

Last edited: