9.7 inch APad Freescale imx515 Cortex A8 Android 2.2 MultiTouch Tablet

davidcp82

Dec 7, 2010
Hi guys,

I m thinking to buy a tablet for this Christmas, so I found this one, I'd like to know what do you think about that, I m looking for something cheap but with good performance.:confused::confused:

I' d like to know as well how much different is a multitouch screen, what king of things I can do in a multitouch screen compared with others. I found this one seems really nice link

Another question, there is much difference between Android 2.1 and 2.2? because some tables like this one link have GPS whcich is interesting but is Android 2.1 ... is it possible upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3 Android later?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

strazicic

Dec 8, 2010
i would go with Android 2.2 it is a diference - with 2.2 you are able to play flash and that is big thing.
multitouch screen means much much beter finger response - uncomparable to resistive screen.

my opinion ;)

Sent from my deb using Android Tablet Forum App

dancinonwater

Dec 31, 2010
Did you end up buying this tablet? i would love to hear about it's performance! i have decided to wait until CES just incase a great new tablet is launched that i really want, but this tablet looks like exactly what i've been searching for! i really love the design of the ipad, so i basically want and ipad running android, and this looks like my best bet. it also seems alot more sturdy than some other ones i've found online, more like the ipad in it's build quality wich makes it even more appealing to me!

austin84

Feb 10, 2011
Did you end up buying this tablet? i would love to hear about it's performance! i have decided to wait until CES just incase a great new tablet is launched that i really want, but this tablet looks like exactly what i've been searching for! i really love the design of the ipad, so i basically want and ipad running android, and this looks like my best bet. it also seems alot more sturdy than some other ones i've found online, more like the ipad in it's build quality wich makes it even more appealing to me!

I have just ordered one and will let you know how i get on!

bunhead

Feb 5, 2011
Has anyone tried modifying the files in the gpad firmware file and flashing that to thier HT_PAD1051? I am starting to think I may try, but I know I have to redo the MD5s and I am not exactly sure how and where to do that. Does anyone know how to do this?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Md5Checker

In Linux, just md5sum

I was under the impression that the firmware flash was different than the process for the 8"

ksporry

Nov 26, 2010
I have one of these and the software on there is real FUBAR. It (mine) cannot be started in recovery mode, which means i cannot flash it. I tried key combinations for startup, and quick boot which i downloaded via my phone. Nothing worked.
I think I need a microSD image clone from the 8" version to copy onto my internal microSD card to get it to update. Anyone tried that? or know of another method to install new firmware?

austin84

Feb 10, 2011
I have one of these and the software on there is real FUBAR. It (mine) cannot be started in recovery mode, which means i cannot flash it. I tried key combinations for startup, and quick boot which i downloaded via my phone. Nothing worked.
I think I need a microSD image clone from the 8" version to copy onto my internal microSD card to get it to update. Anyone tried that? or know of another method to install new firmware?

Funny u should mention this. I had mine a day and went to use it the following morning and nothing just a red battery light when plug into charger. I spoke to supliier and he is goin to email me firmware update and he said this should solve the problem, what u think????

ksporry

Nov 26, 2010
good luck sending it back. It's from China, and that's where your money is now. Sending it back just means you loose yoru money AND your tablet...
Anyway, I still need to install some sort of recovery boot app somehow. still unsuccessful so far

austin84

Feb 10, 2011
good luck sending it back. It's from China, and that's where your money is now. Sending it back just means you loose yoru money AND your tablet...
Anyway, I still need to install some sort of recovery boot app somehow. still unsuccessful so far

Well smarty bollocks just installed my new firmware "my supplier" sent me and is working great! So no need to send it back! Thanks for your unhelpful comments eitherway!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Who was your supplier? Do you have a link to the firmware so more people can take advantage of it? Most Chinese suppliers are not providing firmware support for this unit.

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
yeh i am really keen on this tablet but theres just been too many problems being associated with this tablet. some of the common problems are:
1. the home button stops working randomly
2. the tablet doesnt charge and the 30 pin connector stops working randomly

so austin whats your experience been since you updated the firmware. also like xaueious said, would appreciate if you told us where you got it from? cheers

austin84

Feb 10, 2011
yeh i am really keen on this tablet but theres just been too many problems being associated with this tablet. some of the common problems are:
1. the home button stops working randomly
2. the tablet doesnt charge and the 30 pin connector stops working randomly

so austin whats your experience been since you updated the firmware. also like xaueious said, would appreciate if you told us where you got it from? cheers

Its a great tablet very fast to for the so called Chinese crap lol

Right guys i will send you the link i was sent when you download it theres 3 files:-
A, B AND INSTRUCTIONS

Each tablet is different but I tried a an installed with no trouble BUT NO TOUCH SCREEN AT ALL!
Then insrtalled b and bobs ur uncle

I'm no techie but i just unziped A or B and put the files one to a micro sd put that in my tablet( when its off) and plu in the charger an it powers right up!

it will be in chinese so just change the language in the android settings (look for the key/keyboard symbol)

Any other help u need just call i know how frustrating this can be!

The link!:-

Files for MG106C.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download