A500 Camera problem ²

joaocxavier

Jan 8, 2012
hello bought my A500 has 5 days, I'm loving it ... But this morning I took some photos and saw that morning was a green tip, hung up and called again to see if it was software error, but each time he restarted the camera was in a different spot. I decided to format it, but failed. I've read almost all posts of the site and nothing, I found a similar situation but without solution. Help me, do not want to waste your time with the guarantee. Note: I'm talking about the camera is of 5 mpx, the 2 mpx this great ... thank you

I made this video of the camera, and put on youtube ...

Last edited by a moderator:

MajesticFlame

Jan 8, 2012
While I haven't done any video i did have a problem with photos having a rainbow/boxy effect. A reboot of the tablet fixed my problem.

joaocxavier

Jan 8, 2012
While I haven't done any video i did have a problem with photos having a rainbow/boxy effect. A reboot of the tablet fixed my problem.

Yes the same thing with me, every time I restart the tablet appears a different effect on the camera ...

falpuche

Dec 18, 2011
This is a softaware issue... I got exactly the same problem in my A500 and when I choose the "incandescent" option in the exposure menu, It fixes nad the pics become clear again... I tried a factory reset yesterday but with no sucess...more to come...

nivram

Feb 2, 2012
The rear camera on my A500 failed today, which appears to be a hardware problem. Hard reset failed, the problem is you go to take a photo\video with rear camera and the preview is blank front camera worked fine. Anyway it's gone in for replacement or repair the tablet is only 4 months old!

haryadi_aja

Mar 20, 2012
is there any possibility that this is caused by software issue?? seems this problem just raised these days.. i'm using honeycomb 3.2.1 (Acer_A501_4.066.31_COM_GEN1). hope the new ICS can fix this issue :)

nivram

Feb 2, 2012
is there any possibility that this is caused by software issue?? seems this problem just raised these days.. i'm using honeycomb 3.2.1 (Acer_A501_4.066.31_COM_GEN1). hope the new ICS can fix this issue :)

I spoke with Acer support and they said its a hardware problem, that's why its being replaced.

leroybrute

Feb 17, 2012

Im curious has anyone with this issue tried an aftrmarket camera app. Try Camera ICS in the market.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I have had my Acer for several months and never once had one problem with the camera or anything else. Even after the ICS update all was perfect. Then I did a factory reset in order to start over with a different account and other reasons. When I went through the start-up the tablet right away downloaded the ICS, skipping past all the previous updates. Now the camera is totally messed up. This has to be software related somehow.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The rear camera on my A500 failed today, which appears to be a hardware problem. Hard reset failed, the problem is you go to take a photo\video with rear camera and the preview is blank front camera worked fine. Anyway it's gone in for replacement or repair the tablet is only 4 months old!

Seems to me there were other reports of this in the past.

If it's not already out the door, try tapping the camera on your knee while holding the tablet face up with both hands.
Not real hard.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2