a500 Screen Not Responding

gonzo88

Oct 29, 2011
About a week and a half ago i was using my Acer Tablet and the Screen stopped responding to touch! i finally had to hold the power button a few seconds till it shut-down. i turned it on again and i couldn't type my password so i shut it off the same way. the third time i was able to type my password and use it for a while and then it stopped responding again! so now the screen stops responding at different times, start up or a few minutes in or works perfect till i turn it off. the volume still works and if am watching a movie it just keeps playing and sometimes it starts to respond again. everything else works fine. i already changed the screen touch to high also. i've had it for a few month without any other problems.

so does anybody have any ideas of we its doing this?

gonzo88

Oct 29, 2011
So, does anybody know what might be the problem with my Touch Screen?

I noticed that when it does it, I just press the power button to put it on "Stand By/Sleep" Mode, press once again and the touch starts working!

seeprosee

Nov 8, 2012
Hello, did you ever solve this problem? I have exactly the same problem...Reboot/Restart and everything works fine for a few minutes and then it slowly stops responding to touch and then NO response. Almost as if the processor is getting bogged down by a driver or something. I'll keep looking for a possible solution...would hate to just toss a Tablet that's only 3 weeks past warranty period (naturally!).