A817 Android 2.3.1 Gingerbread Review

Apr 25, 2011
Hi guys,

This is my personal review for the Aishuo's A817 tablet. Overall, i am giving this tablet 7 out 10. The speed, the accuracy and the browsing experiences, its all good with the 1.2Ghz Samsung S5PV210 processor and 512RAM. Free use of RAM is around 300MB(which is good)

Video working, youtube working, flash 10.2 working, facebook working, emails working, camera working, Android Market working and also 3D games are working!

The not working scripts are google latitude, places, location and also facebook checkin. I am having a hard guessing that the firmware missing some line to properly detect the location through WIFI.

With using the stock firmware, dated 16042011 (BenaS5PV210) i cant get full Android Market. Tried to search for Facebook for Android, and none were found. Same goes to Skype for Android.

What i did was i downgrade the firmware to 01042011 and the result, i can access full market.(Downloaded Facebook Android and Skype). The downside is, the icons seems to shrink smaller from the stock firmware (its OK for me).

I tried to checkin from Facebook Android and it always force close from com.facebook.katana.

Video playback for 720p videos works fine. USB slots are working too. The last thing i did not try is the HDMI..but i think its working since i can find the options for HDMI output from the settings page.

Thats all for now and i guess, i am pretty satisfied by the time im writing this. The only thing that keeps bothering me is the tracking location via WIFI. If anyone found any solution for this issue, please let me know. Thanks. :)

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
Hi, I have this tablet..several of them actually. About a week ago I booted one up & created a google account & entered the MarketPlace, made downloads etc.. with no issues at all!

Today, I decided to boot a couple more up & create the gmail accounts to access the market. Everything goes through ok, but when I try to download an app it says downloading & then says google authentication failed. The app fails to download.. When I exit and try to enter the internet via browser it goes to the internet, but only loads 90% and reverts back to the desktop. The only way I can access the internet is through google search..

Seems like I'm missing the security key for google services or something....

I've read online that other mobile android users had the same issues & it was a google issue or gmail issue...posters said something about changing the account from @gmail.com to @googlemail.com ..don;t have any clue on how to do that on this tablet. I've tried doing a factory reset to get rid of the gmail account, but it doesn;t get deleted..

totally lost on a solution & considering the seller ripped me off on pricing, It wouldn't surprise me if authentication files we're left out from the firmware..

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ftanl

camp0s

Jan 8, 2011
Open up market place, search for Gingerbreak (or get it from google somewhere), run it and follow instructions.

Downloaded and installed gingerbreak but it's not working, it stays spinning the icon forever or reboot but still not root :\ - My tablet has 2.3.1, 20110521_105050 Android revision.