Absolute neophyte seeks help with Cruz T301!

eelpie

Aug 28, 2012
Okay, over the weekend I bought a mint Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet, knowing nothing about nothing, but the price seemed right.

I was told I could go on-line and surf the web if I get the thing within reach of a Wi-Fi hot spot such as those at McDonalds or the local library. So far, so good.

I went to the library and got on their system, but it took about 40 minutes to check my e-mail, mostly because I couldn't hit the little tiny pad with my normal-sized fingers. (I have since bought 3 styli on eBay, and they're en route)

I understand the tablet can store music and movies, I am guessing based on the SD /SDHC card capacity.

Questions: How can I delete the secured networks already on the tablet, and that I cannot access? How do I down-load music or a DVD? How many gigs would a movie require?

And, will the thing work in the UK or Ireland with just a plug adapter, or with the voltages be off?

I think the thing will be cool if I how how to do a few more things than just play Solitaire, and i can take it on holiday if I know how to use it, and if it doesn't require a bulky 110/220v adapter.

Any and all answers will be greatly appreciated . . .

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
eelpie, When I purchased my Asus Transformer Prime tf201, I used Google and found several YouTube videos that gave me enough information to get started. Unfortunately, User Manuals are not included with anything anymore. To get you started, I found this:

Velocity T301 Manuals, Support and Troubleshooting - Cruz Tablets

Also, you may want to go directly to YouTube, plug in your exact model number in the search box and see if any videos popup.