Accessories that work with the Le Pan TC970 / Le Pan II

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Just set up a Soundlogic bluetooth Keyboard. Bought it at big lots for 39.99. Fits the le pan well. covers thee volume buttons but the keyboard volume buttons seem to work. I am typing on it right now.

KEHT

Jan 18, 2012
Just set up a Soundlogic bluetooth Keyboard. Bought it at big lots for 39.99. Fits the le pan well. covers thee volume buttons but the keyboard volume buttons seem to work. I am typing on it right now.

Do you have the TC970 or LePan II?? If it's a latter did you apply an upgrade? Thanks

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Do you have the TC970 or LePan II?? If it's a latter did you apply an upgrade? Thanks
It is a Le Pan II I did apply the v116 update. In order to make the keyboard work I had to install bluekeyboard jp. I have a second le pan II that is still at v114 it will not work with the keyboard. Bluetooth is one of the issues the update corrected.

ffred

Dec 8, 2011
I tried too many keyboards with my LePanII and got one of them to work, but not well. That was the model with the KB integral to the case, designed, I suppose for the Apple v.1. The letters were repeated randomly when I typed, or missed entirely, so I gave it up as a bad job. I still love my LePan original (awesome ebook reader), with its rock solid build of Froyo, but I grew weary of Matsunichi's continual teasing with promises of great new things to come, if you'd only buy the latest tablet. I sent my LePanII back to Amazon, along with a spectrum of useless keyboards. It had been my plan to ease into a transformer-like set-up the cheap way.
Well, it doesn't take long to burn through $500, so I said "enough!" I returned my II (I'll always keep my LP1) and found on Amazon, a "used" Transformer and a "used" transformer dock. The price? $321 for the transformer and $108 for the dock.
Now you might not like the idea of getting a used tablet, but the only thing used about either of these were the display boxes, which were scuffed. The tablet's seals were intact, and only one seal had been cut on the box housing the transformer.
So I have in fact a new transformer with dock for under $430.
The transformer is a dream. I liked the 4:3 aspect ratio of the LePan better, but it is what it is.
I'll not review the Transformer here, but I will do so in the appropriate forum.
ffred