Acer A100 space left after system files and included apps

Xarmark77

Apr 29, 2012
This is my first post. Thanks for having me. So, now that I have gotten the niceties out of the way...lol. I am interested in the Acer Iconia A100. I know the honeycomb and ICS OS don't allow you to move apps to the SD card (unless I am ill-informed). I was wondering if someone could tell me how much storage space is left after the system files and included apps and games and whatnot? I am looking at the 8 gb model, because it's such a huge bump in price between the 16 GB model. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
FWIW, I've got an 8GB NOOKcolor and thanks to Amazon and their free app of the day I have close to a hundred apps of which I only use about 10.:rolleyes: Right now, it's showing that my internal storage use is 46%. Unless you're planning to really load it down with games and things, the 8GB would probably work out fine for you.

sinisterwill

Sep 8, 2011
Get a file manager app and you can use that to transfer and store files on a microsd in your tab. I have a 16gb A500 with a 32gb microsd and use that to keep all my music pics and videos, among other files. When you load your pics,music or vidz on your tab open up the file manager(I use File Manager HD) select home within the program then select Up and you can see the internal SD and the external SD. Go to internal storage find the file(s) you want to transfer either select the files singly or select Multi-select on top and select multiple files and then select the destination (which would be a new folder(s) in you external SD. And that's it. You'll keep the internal memory free for other things while you load your external card. Just remember it doesn't do it automatically every time so you have to repeat this process when you add more files.