Acer Iconia A3-A10: Can't Turn Vibration Off Permanently

saphta

May 16, 2014
Hi all,

I've purchased an Acer Iconia A3-A10-L614 tablet running Android 4.2.2 stock. I can't seem to make the "vibrate on touch" to stay off after reboot.
If I turn it off by unchecking the box in Settings>Sound>Vibrate on touch it works until the next reboot. Looking in the same menu, it's selected again. As a side note, same thing happens with the screen lock sound (but since I choose to have no screen lock it doesn't affect me).

I've done a full factory reset which didn't change anything since the tablet is brand new. A friend of mine bought the same tablet from a different store and he has the exact problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

kininski

Jun 27, 2013
Would love to hear a solution to this as i have exactly the same problem as you, It don't matter how many times i turn it off in the settings, Then its back on as soon as i play a movie or restart the tablet. Just a simple thing but gets very annoying sometimes.

kininski

Jun 27, 2013
Just a little bump.

Would really like a tip on how to fix this. Its got to be something simple but I cannot find it.

skydancerusa

Sep 22, 2011
Hi all,

I've purchased an Acer Iconia A3-A10-L614 tablet running Android 4.2.2 stock. I can't seem to make the "vibrate on touch" to stay off after reboot.
If I turn it off by unchecking the box in Settings>Sound>Vibrate on touch it works until the next reboot. Looking in the same menu, it's selected again. As a side note, same thing happens with the screen lock sound (but since I choose to have no screen lock it doesn't affect me).

I've done a full factory reset which didn't change anything since the tablet is brand new. A friend of mine bought the same tablet from a different store and he has the exact problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Are you turning the vibrate off in the keyboard section?
Hi all,

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Same here, drives me nuts and it is relly
TE="saphta, post: 311057, member: 194250"]Hi all,

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
Sory

skydancerusa

Sep 22, 2011
Are you turning the vibrate off in the keyboard section?
Thanks so much, I went to google keyboard, went to settings and there was the option to turn off the vibration function.This time for good. I wonder now what the vibration function in 'sounds' is for, as it re_sets constantly when you uncheck it.