Acer Iconia A500 VS. Vizio Tablet

munky871

Aug 21, 2011
I have been looking at these two tablets for a couple days now and I'm not sure which to go with. First, the Vizio is $298.00 and the Acer is $328.00 but comes with $100.00 gift card that I could use to buy a case, HDMI cable or whatever.

As far as use goes it will be mostly for entertainment such as web surfing or just playing with different apps. I also plan on using it as a hiking GPS/Camera.

I'm sure you all know this anyway but the vizio runs Android 2.2 I believe and the Acer runs 3.0, which is better?

Anyway, as you can tell I'm completely new to tablets and I'm starting with entry level tablets so any input or experiences would be greatly appreciated

munky871

Aug 21, 2011
I just found out some of the information I had received about the Vizio was entirely wrong. Eventhough I already decided anything anyone has to say will still be greatly appreciated. The store is sold out for a few more days anyway so I will still check the post for any extra information people want to throw my way.

Thanks Again.

kdkinc

Aug 13, 2011
I had the Vizio 8" for about a week. I bought it at walmart.
It's was to sluggish and the screen was only ok .
After returning it I now have the Acer 7" which to me is way Superior.
Unfortunately it's favorite snack is batteries .
This is only my second device as far as tablets and I wouldn't try to compare it to a much more expense tablet.
Did you know that walmart has a 90 day return policy.......many new things are coming.

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
For hiking, look at the A100, like kdkinc and I have (I also have the A500). It's far more portable and comparatively MUCH lighter weight than the A500. In a chair, or with support, the A500 is fine, but frankly it gets tiring carrying and holding the thing, and it begs for other physical support (I rest it on my chest for Netflix in bed, but even the A100 has replaced it for that task). The main advantage over A100 is cell life, big screen and fullsize USB...if you mitigate those things, the A100 with 3.2 fits your bill nicely. :) Good luck!

viziovtab

Nov 21, 2011
i just purchaed a vizio tab for 189 which is lower than the a100 and it looks really well made. the a100 has really good reviews but i have not seen the a100 for under 300. that is 100 dlls more than the vtab. If i find one under two during this hollidays i'll consider returning it.

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
I bought the Vizio for 189 from Costco on November 17th. For the price it is hard to beat. I've already had two friends buy them as Christmas gifts after my demo. I got 16gb MicroSDHC card and Microhdmi cable for it.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
i just purchaed a vizio tab for 189 which is lower than the a100 and it looks really well made. the a100 has really good reviews but i have not seen the a100 for under 300. that is 100 dlls more than the vtab. If i find one under two during this hollidays i'll consider returning it.

By now you probably know that Best Buy had the A100 @ $189 on Black Friday. According to the website it is $289 now. I'll find out in the store tomorrow. I have an A500, and I want an A100 for my wife. I looked at a Vizio in Sams, but it lacked something that we need.

- Conrad