Bluetooth Tethering for Acer Iconia A500

bcvanisle

Jan 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just got the Acer Iconia A500 and love it. I am trying to do bluetooth tethering using PDANET so I can use my cell phones 3G/4G connection for Internet access when wi-fi is not available. I have the Samsung Epic from Sprint and when I try to pair it to the tablet the status on the tablet states "paired but not connected". The bluetooth status on my cell phone states "paired". Does anyone have any suggestions? I know there are apps that you can use for a rooted phone but since I'm still new to the android platform I really want to see what other options are out there for non-rooted phones. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I was having the same problem with my INQ Cloud Touch phone and my Acer Tablet but got figured out after watching "Acer ICONIA TAB A500 Tethering Techcast" on YouTube. Make sure you have your data plan enabled on your phone. Good Luck!

Stikmoo

Feb 7, 2012
I will try to give some answers for this thread...

I have an Iphone 3GS NOt jailbreaked with the latest version for IOS : 5.0.1 and it's working good with my Asus transformer, also in bluetooth and wifi connect... i tested the two different connects...The tablet was discovered and coupled with my Iphone 3GS. I just activated internet in my bluetooth's profil on (Droid)tablet for working done.

My friend has just bought an Iconia A500 ... and he haves the same problem as you... I tryed to couple my phone but was unable to connect internet tablet's profil. We have the same droid's version on tablets and...the Iconia A500 doesn't give the bluetooth version in the parameters. It's strange i must say Oo
Only AD2P, bluetooth keyboard, restricted driver, chip as been, for selling more Iconia 3G ?? To be or not to be, i try to think the goog thing.
This post -->
fireerl
...although I am not using the Acer tablet, I am using the ASUS Eee Transformer. (OS Android 3.1) In its specs it states that it too is only compatible with the stereo out function. I tested this, and found that my Blue Tooth on the ASUS was able to find and communicate with my (Droid) phone. I have sent, Mp3s, Mp4s, Jpegs, and PDF files both large and small with NO problems. This was/is a pleasant surprise, after reading so much to the contrary. I do get "Paired but not connected" message, but yet it works fine. And most recently used my phone as an access point via Blue Tooth, to let the Tablet do the surfing. It would seem that if both OS are Google/Android based, there seems to be no problem with interoperability.

I think it's the right post, except for an update from Acer's BT chipset firmware, if is it possible ?
But for me, i think IOs APPLE becomes bullsh*t (bleutooh connect tethering ?? only 1Mbps !) and i'm sure my next phone will be an Android (universal connect and 3G/4G connect in mini-lan) ... I tryed as you to explain this problem.
With a Droidphone, Iconia A500 seemed to work.

See you

Last edited: