Acer Iconia A500 WiFi Problems

kindlife

Jan 23, 2012
Wierd to see this thread today as I am having a problem with acer accepting wifi tethered rooted evo. It sees it but won't accept it. Watched netflix this morning on the way to work. No problems. Now won't pick it up. Accepts linksys and visio routers at home no problem. Just wierd. Used sprint hotspot on the way home from work with no problems. Wifi tether working fine and a500 sees it just won't accept. Forgot and renewed it 5 or more times without success. Just keeps cycling. Always something.
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

BobjGear

Feb 8, 2012
Static IP? or DHCP?

It is the router. The A500 uses the 2.4GHz band only. It will not connect to the 5GHz band.

There is a sure fix procedure that will rectify the issue. Then start with your router, connect all your wireless devices - not the A500. Turn on your A500. Go to settings and get the A500 to forget the connection. Turn A500 OFF. Turn A500 ON. Go to settings, WIFI, search for connection, force it to pick another IP further away from the other used IPs. It will then connect and you will never have another problem.

Yes, This solution works well for all routers. Assign a static IP (away from the ones being automatically assigned) in your wi-fi setting on your tablet, and you won't have the disconnect problem anymore.

-Regards,
bobj

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
Had that happen all the tiem with my old Belkin router. When I got a new multi band Asus Wireless N, it never looses it and always stays connected

hacktik2663

Mar 31, 2013
This the most common problem with the acer tablets. I am facing the same issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
This the most common problem with the acer tablets. I am facing the same issue.

I haven't got a problem. Also I just want to correct some mis-understanding. Leave the tablet on DHCP. When you force the tablet to forget the connection and then reconnect, you can force the tablet to use a IP further away.

The problem is that you will get devices clashing over IP addresses. Don't tell me it doesn't happen it does. Most of my IT calls are for this very reason. iPads and iPhones are the most guilty when it comes to snatching another devices IP.

zahuti

Feb 9, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with their wi-fi connection dropping out? it happens to me all the time? i can be right next to my router yet it still drops out for a couple of seconds. none of my other wireless devices have this problem.

I had the same issue....I reset to factory default and then changed wi-fi disconnect policy to the option ( when screen turns off)...I am able to view full movies without wi-fi disconnecting....hope it works for you.

zahuti

Feb 9, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with their wi-fi connection dropping out? it happens to me all the time? i can be right next to my router yet it still drops out for a couple of seconds. none of my other wireless devices have this problem.

I had the same issue....I reset to factory default and then changed wi-fi disconnect policy to the option ( when screen turns off)...I am able to view full movies without wi-fi disconnecting....hope it works for you.