Acer Iconia A700 Missing Navigation, Status Bars

easyreble

Aug 19, 2014
I am totally new to this tablet, 69 years old and counting. Bought a Acer Iconia A700 off ebay from a guy whom said that is was new store demo never used new condition. Well it is missing the navigation bar, circle in the middle of the bar, and the status bar. My question is if i replace the OS with a newer version from the 4.0.4 will it replace the system bar at the bottom of the screen. Or is there something in this tablet to restore it if it was hide. Acer says that it is a hardware problem, send it in for repair. If every thing works on this tablet except that when u get in an app you got no way to get out except reboot. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If it was truly what it was described to be it may be on a demo mode. If you haven't done much with it at this point a factory reset should bring back anything that was missing.

easyreble

Aug 19, 2014
Welcome to the forum

If it was truly what it was described to be it may be on a demo mode. If you haven't done much with it at this point a factory reset should bring back anything that was missing.
Thanks for the reply that is what Acer said. I have researched this and come to find out this tablet is already unlocked, it has super user installed in the apps, also on start up in the upper left hand corner it says boot loader IC5-MRI 7173de1 (unlock mode) i guess with this and the super user mode it is already rooted. Some one came back reset it to factory and the system bar never came back. Now i don't know if it is ready to download another OS like jelly bean 4.4.4 or what and if that will even fix the problem. The version 4.0.4 ICS is on it now that is the original i think. I don't know what to do really, send it back and get my money back i guess.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Under the circumstances I would send it back. It is unlikely a demo unit would have been rooted so it seems someone wasn't telling you the whole story.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi easyreble, congratulations on your Iconia A700 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Acer Iconia Tab A700 Forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!