Acer Iconia Tab A500 No Sound

apollyon67

Aug 23, 2012
I've been going through the forums and haven't found any answers.

I recently noticed that my Tablet has NO sound. It's currently running ICS and in the bottom right corner it shows that a headset is plugged in. The problem with that, is I don't have anything plugged into it. Once I plug a headset in it does have audio, just not through the actual speakers on the tablet itself. I've done the pin reset and the Factory Reset, but still the problem exists. I've done everything I can think of to come up with a solution but I haven't gotten anything yet. Can anyone help me? Anyone else having the same issue or even found a solution... It would help a lot.

PS. Audio IS turned all the way up. Which is completely useless information for the fact that it's for some reason registering a headset when one doesn't exist.

Thanks guys.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
On one of the threads, there is a discussion about your sound issue. It appears that the leaf switch where you plug the ear plugs( under the power switch) is not releasing making your tablet think the ear plugs/ headphones are still connected. Get a bright torch/flashlight and look down the hole. A toothpick may help.

You can also open your ACER up and repair it that way.

salcedo1

Apr 25, 2013
i had no sound. kept trying to change the settings and nothing. finally i toggled the lock switch next to volume a few times and pushed volume and it finally brought back sound

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well there is a solution then to the problem. Some have struggled for months. Excellent work.

edtan

Oct 20, 2013
turn the power off (completely) and then turn it on again to reboot the system. Worked with my acer iconia tablet with the same issue.

davyburns

Jul 7, 2014
Didn't work for me even after a factory reset. I installed Sound Manager, enabled the mute profile, then enabled the loud profile, and hey presto, sound again!