Need help with Acer A500 hard reset

kl31

May 19, 2013
For some reason, every time I do a hard reset, i would always end up with the Chinese version of Android, instead of the U.S.

Instead of the play store, i get Go-Market. Along with a whole bunch of other Chinese oriented software like Ren Ren, and Sohu. Anyways, i can't download Play Store. It won't let me. I've tried rooting, and it won't let me. Honestly, this is as close as you can get to a bricked tablet without actually bricking it.

Changing the language won't help. I've posted here a while ago, asking for help, and i haven't gotten anything useful. Now i'm no expert at this, but i'm assuming that every time you do a hard reset, you have to reset it from something right?

So is there anyway to say, download the U.S. Android OS, put it into a flash drive, and have the tablet reset from there? I've tried looking for guides/download links, but i honestly can't find anything.

jayromero

Aug 18, 2013
To make a hard reset, just simply hold power button and volume up..... wait a seconds till the menu shows on the screen.... choose wipe and factory reset using volume button up and down.... tick power button to choose...then reboot......done.........

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Apparently, your tablet left the factory with a ROM containing Chinese apps and set to the Chinese language. When such a tablet is reset to factory condition, it reverts to exactly that. Before you received the tablet, someone (Probably the reseller.) modified it to create the "U.S. Android OS" you refer to and would like to re-install. I'm moving your thread to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum where, hopefully, someone will be able to help you restore the tablet to the way it was when you received it. Good luck!

rayted11

Sep 8, 2013
Spider is right. Default one must be set to Chinese, you may have to set back the language to English and location to US.