Adobe flasher player

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
Anyone else noticed that the vtab runs adobe flash player version 10.1.105.9 but the most recent version of adobe flash in the market is 10.3, however this version is not compatible with the vtab. I sent feed back to adobe about this. I ask that all vtab owners do the same so that this problem can be resolved quickly.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

pschatzy

Sep 2, 2011
Anyone else noticed that the vtab runs adobe flash player version 10.1.105.9 but the most recent version of adobe flash in the market is 10.3, however this version is not compatible with the vtab. I sent feed back to adobe about this. I ask that all vtab owners do the same so that this problem can be resolved quickly.

How did you send feedback?

K.B.

Sep 1, 2011
The reason that 10.1 is the installed version is because Vizio thought that particular version would be user friendly for newbies to Android (Crazy, right?). If you want the most current version of Flash 10.3, just search for the apk on the internet. If you have an Android phone, just back up your current Flash player and copy the apk to your sd card and then download to your VTAB.

pschatzy

Sep 2, 2011
The reason that 10.1 is the installed version is because Vizio thought that particular version would be user friendly for newbies to Android (Crazy, right?). If you want the most current version of Flash 10.3, just search for the apk on the internet. If you have an Android phone, just back up your current Flash player and copy the apk to your sd card and then download to your VTAB.

Do you know for certain that 10.3 will actually install and run? When I try to install it from the market. I am told that 10.3 is not optimized for the vtab.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
You can send feed back to adobe thru the market via the email link for adobe 10.3 app screen.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
Do not flash the adobe flash 10.3 apk to your vtab it will turn all images in flash player blue. Just tried it out and not completely compatible with the vtab. The play back of flash videos is laggy and the color spectrum is off. Just an fyi. For those that have and want to revert back hope you done a back up of your apps. The 10.1.105.9 apk isn't out there on the web, that I could find that is.

jad11

Aug 13, 2011
I think I've asked this questions earlier.. why the latest version of 10.3 Flash isn't available for Vtab. Also, noticed that certain web sites that only uses 10.3 won't play at all.

That's dissappointment. I thought all android software should run regardless of the certain hardware as long as the OS is compatible.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Get used to it. This isn't Android's fault or Vizio's fault. This is Adobe nonsense. If they'd stop cranking-out bug-ridden, exploitable versions of Flash time-after-time it wouldn't be necessary to update it every phase of the moon.

Flash is an evil, evil thing, IMO. I sincerely hope and pray HTML5 drives a stake through its heart.

Jim

pschatzy

Sep 2, 2011
How does ythe lack of flash affect the Ipad? Are there crucial apps and websites that will not run?

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
YouTube plays well on the VTAB. I was testing mine with a micro HDMI cable connected to my TV and it worked well there also.

xxrayho

Sep 12, 2011
Hello everyone,

I side loaded Flash 10.3 apk and deleted the stock Flash player I can confirm that everything is Blue. Can anyone post the stock Flash player I cannot find it on the web please help.

Thanks

dornstar

Sep 3, 2011
Crap, I'm blue too. Was wondering what was going on. Glad I opened this thread.