Advent Vega WiFi Problem Please help!

sezzabelle

Aug 25, 2011
Hi,

I have bought a Vega today, got it home and it won't connect to my wifi. It just keeps saying connecting/authenticating/then disconnected. I can't even get on the internet for a second! I've tried resetting the router but it doesn't help

I've just tried to return it to PC World and had the worst customer services experience ever. Sod's law it worked on their wifi so as it doesn't have a fault and the box is open (Despite me owning it for only 1hour), they will not offer a refund.

Please can somebody help me! I am not super computer literate so layman's help would be brilliant!

Thanks,
Sarah

developper

Aug 30, 2011
my freind has this problem. People suggested it is the router, others say the tablet itself. All I know is that when he swapped his original Vega with the problem the new one connected without any problems.

bradeyr

Sep 5, 2011
I have had a similar issue today with my sons tablet not connecting to the router. The problem was fixed by restarting the router, mine is a cisco linksys adsl one. You may think it strange because your router is probably behaving for all your other PC's and/or laptops so why restart it.

The issue appears to be with my ISP. If the ISPs router looses connectivity to me it fails over and automatically connects to me another router which is the sensible thing to do because you will loose the link all together and there will be a break in service. This causes problems for my tablet and I have seen it on laptops that we have.

Regardles of whether this is the first wifi device or not the tablet seems to be able to auto detect the security/authentication details from your router. All you have to enter the encrypted key to access the router. I hope this helps Let me know how you get on.

grahamracing

Jan 1, 2012
I have had a similar issue today with my sons tablet not connecting to the router. The problem was fixed by restarting the router, mine is a cisco linksys adsl one. You may think it strange because your router is probably behaving for all your other PC's and/or laptops so why restart it.

The issue appears to be with my ISP. If the ISPs router looses connectivity to me it fails over and automatically connects to me another router which is the sensible thing to do because you will loose the link all together and there will be a break in service. This causes problems for my tablet and I have seen it on laptops that we have.

Regardles of whether this is the first wifi device or not the tablet seems to be able to auto detect the security/authentication details from your router. All you have to enter the encrypted key to access the router. I hope this helps Let me know how you get on.

I have never before posted on any forum, but I just had to register here so that I could say a very big THANK YOU to 'Bradeyr' for this simple solution. My son's tablet suddenly would not connect to wifi, while all other devices were fine. I had tried over and over to reset the details on his tablet, but did not consider that it was anything to do with the router since everything else was still connecting without problems. Once I turned of the router and turned it back on again everything was immediately back to normal.

Once again, Thank You!