Advice on selecting a good ROM?

pustyak

May 10, 2011
I currently am running VeganTab 7.0.0 RC1 on my gTablet. I am having trouble downloading from the Android Market some basic applications, some of which run in earlier versions. But specifically, I would like to run Skype. It seems like all the hardware is there - camera, microphone, but the market says that Skype is not compatible with my device.

Any advice on what a good ROM would be?

pustyak

May 10, 2011
To answer my own question, to my knowledge the only rom where Skype runs successfully with video is Clemsyn and Calkulin version 8. This is a Froyo rom. Does anyone know of any Gingerbread roms on which Skype runs?

Last edited:

pustyak

May 10, 2011
I would just like to mention that VeganTab is an excellent ROM. I ran VeganTab 7.0 for several months. I switiched to Clemsyn and Calkulin v8 in order to run Skype, but I'm getting so many force closes and errors that I'm thinking about switching back to VeganTab 7.1. VeganTab has been very stable for me.

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
Have you switched back? Does the Market Place work? 1.1 or 1.2 bootloader? I like the VeganTab 7.0.0 but the market no longer works and switch I must. Trying to figure out which ROM is as stable and reliable. Only disappointment was that Plants vs Zombies did not work on 7.0.0... Thanks, Dan