ADW Launcher and Beautiful Widgets

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
So I downloaded the ADW Launcher app and the Beautiful Widgets app last night. I was able to make ADW my default launcher for the home screen. I need to play around with it some more I think to figure it out. But for the life of me I could not get the Widgets to show up on the home screen.

I tried searching in the Coby section for any tips or tricks for ADW and Beautiful Widgets but didn't really see any. Anyone have any how to or walkthroughs for these apps?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am using both of these on my ViewSonic Gtab with no issues, what version of Android are you running? How are you trying to load the widgets to the launcher?

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
I am using Android 2.1 that comes stock on the Coby Kyros.

I really have no idea what I am doing with both apps. First time using either.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
hmm..ok..

Let's try this step by step. You may also want to get another app from the market called HomeSwitcher, this allows you to easily change which launcher you are using.

start by going to a blank launcher page. Press and hold the screen until the Add to Home screen pops up...from there you should see choices including widgets.

Click on widgets, and then you should be able to see options for Beautiful Widgets, and from there click on the one that you want. Once you do that, it should automatically add it to the launcher. If that basic approach works, we can get more advanced.

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks Peter. I will try this when I get home this evening. I rooted my tablet last night and added the Google Market Place. But I was too tired to do anything else. Looking forward to playing around with it tonight.

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
Got my widgets to work. I have alot of things to learn still. Any tips on how to do all the cool custom features with ADW Launcher?

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
In the ADW Launcher, can you assign which screen you want as the default home screen. When I boot up my Kryos, screen 3 (the one with the google search tool) comes up as my default home screen. But I have the widget and my app shortcuts set on screen 3. Anyway I can assign this to show up first when I boot up the tablet?

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
Yes. hit the menu button. Then hit edit. This will bring up a screen edit set of screenshots. just hit the home icon above the page you want to be the default home page and also reorder the pages with the arrow keys.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Yes. hit the menu button. Then hit edit. This will bring up a screen edit set of screenshots. just hit the home icon above the page you want to be the default home page and also reorder the pages with the arrow keys.

I know this wasn't my question, but thanks, Carma... that was bugging the crap out of me. :)

code347

Feb 4, 2011
Not being able to do certain things with Adw, like the widget issue, is why I finally dropped it. The launcher that comes with Watery is by far the best I have seen on this device.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App