Affordable tablet for under privileged children

6degree

Feb 28, 2012
Hi there,
I am currently working on a project to give away tablets to underprivileged kids in the poorer community. Since we are giving it away, we are primarily looking for budget tablets around the range 100-120USD. Any tablet would be fine as long as its reliable and has decent performance. As for specs, our only requirement is edge or 3g connectivity and the ability to support USB.

It would be very helpful to know which edge/3g tablets have the best reputation among the forum members for our budget.
Thank you in advance for suggestions and recommendation.

NateTheGreat

Jun 29, 2011
think the best tablet in this price range is the IdolPad ($99). It has USB host but not 3G.

Buy:
Best Android Tablet PC Buy Android Tablet PC Cheap Android Tablet PC | Idolian
my reviews:
IdolPad First Impressions: Best $99 Tablet I’ve Seen Yet - The Digital Reader
Review: $99 IdolPad Android Tablet - The Digital Reader

I don't think you'll find a 3G equipped tablet for $99, but there's a chance that someone might surprise me. Ypour best option would be to get 3G or 4G hotspot and have several kids share it.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I may be wrong but I don't think you are going to find any cellular capable tablets near the 120.00 price range.
There are many cheap chines tablets that are questionable at best, but a good tablet with cellular function at that price point may only be possible if you get a bundle subsidized through a provider somewhere.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Thats a fantastic project 6degree! Good luck with that. Let me know how it goes, maybe we'll be able to add free cases for this cause.