Tablet for 4wding??

shellye

Jan 16, 2012
Hey all

Another newbie to tablets here and I am hoping someone can give me some advice.

I want a tablet to use on 4wd trips....it will sit in a ram mount cradle and will be used primarily for gps but I would like to instal Oziexplorer CE which is 4wd mapping software that shows 4wd tracks. The tablet will also provide us with the ability to look up accommodation etc when we are near towns via (wifi to my mobile).

We may have a few movies on the unit to watch and of course the odd game. Also not sure about view of the screen if its a sunny day, whether there is a particular filter?? Most of the ebay units have an external plug in gps unit...not sure of the difference between external or built in...whatever gives the best reception

So priority is gps and ability to add oziexplorer. The rest I am not fussy about. Budget will come in at $150-$200 and I am currently looking at ebay

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Appreciate the assistance.

Ta

Shell

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Shell, welcome aboard. Nice to have you with us, glad you decided to become a member. I see you've already posted in the discussion area and that's the best place to look for "shopping" information on a new tablet. Someone should be along over there to discuss what's available to fit your requirements. Good luck!

rons1042

Jan 6, 2012
I am to am interested in using a tablet to replace the radio in my F150 4wd, but I want to pull the stock radio (which is large) and fit a tablet in the hole .

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Ron, welcome to you as well. As I told Shell, the Android Tablet Discussions section would probably be the best place to start a discussion and get information about replacing that radio. Just click the link and you'll be there.