Ainol Novo 7 Tornados Firmware Update Step by Step Tutorial.

mightyjorback

Jun 13, 2012
Hi

I just wanted to share my experience here.

I am currentley messing about with 6 of these tabs. But im no Tech

I followed all the wipe instructions on 2 tabs and when i try to install 5/18 i get a fail. On the Tabs were i simply install from no wipes or resetts it installs no probs.

I have read heaps and recognise thst wiping is somehow an important part of updating but maybe one of these wipes causes this problem.

It doesnt bother me as 5/26 installs fine and apart from requiring the google search fix i think it is easily the best update available (as of 06/15) as i have had issues with every other one.

Anyway maybe you could explain why this is as your tutorial is very thourough but some may want 5/18

Cheers

Sorry this was meant as a response for Mightyjorbacks Post

Hi Iamkanga!

I'm using the 5/18 with patch.zip coz i'm having problems with the feiyu, it sometimes freezes and touchscreen does not work even after reboot. This is only for those who are having issues with feiyu 5/26. By the way, i used the 5/18 version with patch.zip (200Mb).

Sopper

May 23, 2012
- ?
518 + patch.zip

extract to root of sd card.
turn off device and start again while pressing volume down button.

chak

Jun 18, 2012
my stock firmware was 510, everything was fine but sometimes the internal sdcard not detected and i had to do factory reset everytime the problem occurred...i tried to update to 518 but failed with E: failed to verify whole-file signature...then i tried update to 601, the updates was successful...everything seems to be smooth except not able to run any version of play store and then facing the same wi-fi problem with iamkanga...

can someone help me with the E: failed to verify whole-file signature problem?i can't going back to any firmware version because of this problem... :(

archiepikot

Jun 18, 2012
Regarding the last step:

6). press and hold -Vol and power button together for 4 seconds. update process will continue. if any error occurs. Then you select 2nd option from it i forgot that name it is kind of select recovery file from memory card. then give path to that tornados_feiyu_mod(0526).rar and press home button to select it. in this way installation will continue.

I have the error and when I select the second option, it does not recognize the rar file... I have placed both the
tornados_feiyu_mod(0526).rar file and the extracted tornados_feiyu_mod(0526) folder in the root directory. It can recognize the folder but not the .rar file. When I select the folder, it takes me to the sub folders and I really don't know where to go from there...

I really need your help. Thank you.

Sopper

May 23, 2012
Regarding the last step:

6). press and hold -Vol and power button together for 4 seconds. update process will continue. if any error occurs. Then you select 2nd option from it i forgot that name it is kind of select recovery file from memory card. then give path to that tornados_feiyu_mod(0526).rar and press home button to select it. in this way installation will continue.

I have the error and when I select the second option, it does not recognize the rar file... I have placed both the
tornados_feiyu_mod(0526).rar file and the extracted tornados_feiyu_mod(0526) folder in the root directory. It can recognize the folder but not the .rar file. When I select the folder, it takes me to the sub folders and I really don't know where to go from there...

I really need your help. Thank you.

Extract Feiyu.rar into the root of SD Card, make sure it is not extracted in a (sub)folder.

rob01792

May 19, 2012
unsure how to put on sd card please advice
i downloaded feiyu 0526
then i open the rar
i get 2 files now 1st feiyu_mod_(0526) in folder zip do i put it on the sd card zipped or do i unzip and put all the folders inside on instead or both 2nd uImage_recovery file, when it say put the in the same root what does this mean

Polv89

Dec 6, 2011
flashing feiyu mod 0526 on tornado i get this error:
"E:failed to verify whole-file signature"
"E:signature verification failed"
"Installation aborted."

Suggestion for me?
thanks

Sopper

May 23, 2012
try without sd card mounted.
when prompted failure, navigate to update from sd card, insert sd card again and navigate to feiyu folder.

gokutxi

Jun 27, 2012
HI

Problem with my tablet Tornados, dont work internal and external SD, suddenly stopped working. from the recovery I can access the micro sd and install new firm, but later android doesnt recognized micro sd. Moreover, the internal sd not exist in any case.

any solution? someone with the same problem???

thank you in advance

rob01792

May 19, 2012
ive updated to 05/18 and the Feiyu mod 0526 but when my daughter plays games like angry birds or temple run the tablet after a few minutes of playing either closes and go back to the home page or it will turn off completelly any idea whats up with it ive tried both firmware a few times now
thanks

Nitrowarez

Jun 29, 2012
Hi
Thank you
I try again by the -Volume and power buttons at the same time following you advice

But Tablet can not open also and black screen don't show anyting.

Please Please help me

Thank you

Hi,

I also Have the same problem with my Tornados got stuck on black screen while flashing, what happened with yours did you fix it or can anyone help please?

Thanks

Nitrowarez:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: