Ainol Novo7 Elf Edition Released! IPS Cortex A10 Android 4.0 ICS

Dec 28, 2011
The Android 4.0.3 Novo 7 Elf Tablet PC replaces the the discontinued Advanced and Basic editions. It also improves on the Paladin by adding a faster 1.5ghz Allwinner A10 CPU, 1020x600 Capacitive screen, and web camera among other things.

Press Release

Product Link

View attachment 5129

whats wrong with the ainol novo 7 basic??? isnt this not so bad? please can someone sepcify i just bought this for my kids?

Spendal

Jan 8, 2012
Any confirmation on that shipping out? Ordered mine from gadgetgreats and was told it wouldn't arrive til early February.

askthemuse

Jan 14, 2012
Kristie - I check the nov elf on merimobiles - it is at a higher price. When did you buy/order it and do you have the promo code. Thanks a lot. Just joined the forum so that i could the scoop. would like it. my first tablet android - thought I've been reading about all the chocies over the alst week and the elf seems the best option with the most features in its price. thanks

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
I'm being told a similar ship date from China Grabber??? Not real happy I will wait and see?
Any confirmation on that shipping out? Ordered mine from gadgetgreats and was told it wouldn't arrive til early February.

jumtan

Jan 19, 2012
Yes. i have the Elf, installing Skype might freeze on you and you might get the message "......process.android.acore has stopped". There's a bug somewhere within Android I think. Uninstalling skype removes the issue. I wasn't able to sign into my skype account. Internet surfing, music, youtube, all works well though. So do a couple of games I tried out like Angry Birds. I think Skype might not have a proper version for Android 4.0 yet. It's a nice little machine though. But I've come to the conclusion that any Android system is probably for the system "tinkerer".

has anyone tried using skype video on?

Ainol novo7 elf

shinenrise

Jan 25, 2012
Hi every one i have a question, I am a complete beginner first time android user.

I received novo 7 elf today switched it on only to get time and password screen.
I have no idea what password to put in, tried admin, 1234, 0000, thinking it has a default password, I don't have a clue, HELP
I am new to android so if I need to do something first please let me know.
The user handbook is in Chinese so I can not read ?

Last edited:

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
Just got it today, nicely built screen is crystal compared to my FT3 boots in about 25 seconds!! Now I need to start loading stuff!!
Just received notification it is prepped for shipment which with CG is typically a good thing.

shinenrise

Jan 25, 2012
Shinenrise I would contact the vendor, somehow or another they must have locked it??

Thanks, I am trying to contact the vendor but I think they are all at a great Chinese new year party and have no one in at work to help me. :)

Got this e-mail from vendor.
" The password is --------, we do this to avoid the missing of goods.

hope you can understand."

All ok now.

Last edited:

iamthewalrus

Jan 26, 2012
First time poster and new to Android AND tablets!

I received my Novo Elf a couple of days ago but cannot download any apps - went to the Android Market website and when I click install on any app it says 'No device' or something like that. I don't even seem to have an Android Market app installed. Other than 'sideloading' or whatever it is, how can I get apps onto my new shiny tablet?

Thanks

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
Walrus-from what I have seen there is no Android Market installed yet I use Amason Apps and Slideme until Market comes out. Hope this helps!!
First time poster and new to Android AND tablets!

I received my Novo Elf a couple of days ago but cannot download any apps - went to the Android Market website and when I click install on any app it says 'No device' or something like that. I don't even seem to have an Android Market app installed. Other than 'sideloading' or whatever it is, how can I get apps onto my new shiny tablet?

Thanks