Ainol Novo7 Elf Edition Released! IPS Cortex A10 Android 4.0 ICS

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
First time poster and new to Android AND tablets!

I received my Novo Elf a couple of days ago but cannot download any apps - went to the Android Market website and when I click install on any app it says 'No device' or something like that. I don't even seem to have an Android Market app installed. Other than 'sideloading' or whatever it is, how can I get apps onto my new shiny tablet?

Thanks
Here are a couple of good sources of apps.

Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform
SlideME | Android Apps Market: Download Free & Paid Android Applications

If you need help sideloading or finding APK's,let us know. Tracking info says my Elf is in Texas so I should have it by Monday or Tuesday and will be able to give you a more detailed answer (all tablets come in slightly different flavors).

Regards - John

iamthewalrus

Jan 26, 2012
Here are a couple of good sources of apps.

Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform
SlideME | Android Apps Market: Download Free & Paid Android Applications

If you need help sideloading or finding APK's,let us know. Tracking info says my Elf is in Texas so I should have it by Monday or Tuesday and will be able to give you a more detailed answer (all tablets come in slightly different flavors).

Regards - John

That's great - many thanks for that.

My Novo 7 Elf is running ICS (4.01) and another problems I'm having is I wanted to set up syncing with my Hotmail account. Went into Accounts & Sync, put in all my details and it connected but since then I keep getting the 'android.process.acore has stopped' message. Keeps popping up every now & then and even closes some things that I'm in the middle of;

I do want to like my new tablet but at the moment, eBay is calling!

Any help would be great.

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
I did and it didn't work, but this one does!!! The youtube video shows you how to install it did glitch the first time I opened it but so far so good!! I did just install this from mubashir at this thread - Ainol
Novo 7 Elf Tablet Support Welcome Thread - in the Technical Help for Ainol Novo
7 Elf forum of ******** The home of the aPad. Forums.

This thread is
located at:
http://www.********/apadforum/showthread.php?2228-Ainol-Novo-7-Elf-Tablet-Support-Welcome-Thread&goto=newpost

Here
is the message that has just been posted:
you can get
market on your elf and download what ever you want apps like skype and many
more.......... and google apps as well..... just watch out this video.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-siFr_Qwk&feature=player_embedded

All the best,
******** The home of the aPad.
Forums
My from hongkong got picked up by DHL a few minutes ago, so I should have it by friday if they can keep their 5 day delivery guarantee
Pretty hyped atm

Though has anyone tried this downloadable market.apk on the novo7 tablets?
[Download] Android Market 3.4.4 With Noticeable Speed Improvements

Then again it prolly won't work because the google framework and other apks aren't there, damn

HanzeeMan

Jan 19, 2012
Hi Folks:
Has anybody had experience with McBub, Ownta, Pandawill, Spemall or DHgate as suppliers??
I want to buy the Elf and some places have it a lot cheaper when it comes to free shipping. Will I still get costumer service after purchasing??
Please let me know your experiences.
Thanks so much
HanzeeMan

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Hi Folks:
Has anybody had experience with McBub, Ownta, Pandawill, Spemall or DHgate as suppliers??
I want to buy the Elf and some places have it a lot cheaper when it comes to free shipping. Will I still get costumer service after purchasing??
Please let me know your experiences.
Thanks so much
HanzeeMan
I have purchased five tablets from MeriMobiles - here is the link:

Ainol NOVO 7 ELF ICS 4.0 8GB 1GB RAM 1.5GHz CPU HDMI 1080p 7inch 1024*600px + Free Hdmi Cable

I opt for the free shipping and always receive the tablet between 16-18 calendar days from the day I order. I haven't had need of support, so I don't about that.

Regards - John

P.S. I have no interest, of any kind, in MeriMobiles.

Spendal

Jan 8, 2012
Was super excited to receive my Elf today. Fired it up, and as has been posted, no Market. Have tried to get it a couple of different ways, but no dice. Spent a couple of hours at a friends house who has a Novo 7 advanced and was able to connect to the net with no issues. Got home to do some more work with this unit and can connect to my wireless VPN internet, but cannot get it to browse anything. Any suggestions? Connection icon is grey with an occasional flashing dot in the middle of it, but shows good connection in the wi-fi settings.

tazthedog

Jan 30, 2012
I have had my Elf for a week now and am very impressed overall. So far it has run everything I have thrown at with no problems. It is an excellent video player with a great screen and TV hook up is brilliant. Kindle downloads easily from the onboard 'market' and works perfectly. Holds wireless connection perfectly and has no problems picking up internet when tethered to my ZTE Blade phone.

Obviously there is an issue with lack of Android Market and BBC iPlayer is not currently supported. I am aware of Lord's script but it appears that there have been varying degrees of success running this so I'm waiting for the rumoured Ainol fix to be released. Does anyone know if this rumour of a fix from Ainol is grounded in fact?

bnelsey

Jan 25, 2012
My from hongkong got picked up by DHL a few minutes ago, so I should have it by friday if they can keep their 5 day delivery guarantee
Pretty hyped atm
received my elf two days ago, but was too busy updating it to ICS 4.0.3 and enabling android market on it to reply to this thread

I tried lordsbm's market fix, but it gave me those a.core process has stopped messages and a red flashing border around the screen on clicks.
so i tried almaz' market fix and almost everything worked - the responsiveness of the home screen went down the drain
that or the touch screen sensitivity went down, not sure which, but i want my sensitivity back lol

[edit]
touch screen sensitivity problem randomly fix'd itself after a reboot

Last edited:

billkater

Jan 10, 2012
Got my Elf today just before coming to work. Was running 4.0.2. Where do I get and how do I upgrade to 4.0.3?

Thanks

Bill

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

mycosys

Feb 5, 2012
Man this news makes me so f*king mad.

you are mad because a company releases new models regularly?
or is it because they released a more expensive model than yours?
or do you want somebody else to blame for YOUR CHOICE to buy a MIPS machine, when there are SO MANY other choices on the market.
If a MIPS machine was fine for you when you ordered, why isnty it fine now? Did you not do YOUR research?
I just do not understand why you are slandering a company, for having more than one model on their books.