Ainol Novo7 Mars & Ainol Novo 7 Tornados Presell in Mcbub.com,Here We go

wall_

Apr 16, 2012
Hi, can you tell me what are the main differences between the AMLogic M3 and M3L?
As far as I can tell, the M3L supports DDR3 while the M3 only supported up to DDR2, is the clock frequency correct or is it still 800Mhz? Is the fabrication process still 65nm and L2 cache 128kb?

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, can you tell me what are the main differences between the AMLogic M3 and M3L?
As far as I can tell, the M3L supports DDR3 while the M3 only supported up to DDR2, is the clock frequency correct or is it still 800Mhz? Is the fabrication process still 65nm and L2 cache 128kb?

HI

I found the following information:

AML8726‐M3 is an advanced connected multimedia processor designed for Tablet/MID, Set Top Box (STB), TV and high‐end media player applications. It integrates powerful CPU/GPU, and a state‐of‐the‐art video decoding engine with all major peripherals to form the ultimate low power multimedia SoC.

The integrated processor is an ARM Cortex‐A9 CPU with 32KB L1 instruction and 32K data cache and a large 128KB L2 unified cache to improve system performance. In addition, the Cortex‐A9 CPU includes the NEON SIMD co‐processor to improve software media processing capability. The ARM Cortex‐A9 CPU can run up to 1GHz and has a wide bus connecting to the memory sub‐system.
AML8726‐M3 is an advanced connected multimedia processor designed for Tablet/MID, Set Top Box (STB), TV and high‐end media player applications. It integrates powerful CPU/GPU, and a state‐of‐the‐art video decoding engine with all major peripherals to form the ultimate low power multimedia SoC.

The integrated processor is an ARM Cortex‐A9 CPU with 32KB L1 instruction and 32K data cache and a large 128KB L2 unified cache to improve system performance. In addition, the Cortex‐A9 CPU includes the NEON SIMD co‐processor to improve software media processing capability. The ARM Cortex‐A9 CPU can run up to 1GHz and has a wide bus connecting to the memory sub‐system.

also here is a comparasion:
http://pdaplus.hu/download/maiden/tabletgpu.jpg

wall_

Apr 16, 2012
I was wrong, the AML8726-M(1) was the first chip that only clocked at 800Mhz and used DDR2 at 400Mhz.
The AML8726-M3 should be the new revised chip with the only differences being the maximum clock speed of 1000Mhz (vs 800Mhz), maximum RAM capacity of 1024MB (vs 512MB), DDR3 support (vs DDR2) and die-shrink to 45nm (vs 65nm).
What's confusing me is the AML8726-M3L, what are the differences between the M3?

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
I was wrong, the AML8726-M(1) was the first chip that only clocked at 800Mhz and used DDR2 at 400Mhz.
The AML8726-M3 should be the new revised chip with the only differences being the maximum clock speed of 1000Mhz (vs 800Mhz), maximum RAM capacity of 1024MB (vs 512MB), DDR3 support (vs DDR2) and die-shrink to 45nm (vs 65nm).
What's confusing me is the AML8726-M3L, what are the differences between the M3?

Hi

I am searching a lot in google,and also don't find the real information. our specification is same as the ainol company, i think i will ask ainol factory and then reply back.

thanks