Aishou S5PV210 (A816) - Samsung Cortex A8 Android 2.2 Tablet

budhzie

Feb 8, 2011
oh, i see, thanks for sharing, if there is no difference maybe i'll choose the one with plastic back cover because the price is cheaper
and after seeing the video in youtube about expose internal components of this tablet, i think this tablet is perfect for android device beginners like me.

thanks.

Noire

Feb 13, 2011
To all of you that are thinkink of bying from China (Alibaba or enywhere) Android tablet just don't.

They are talking nice but all of their products have a problem and believe me when I tell you that sending them back to Chiona for repear doesn't worth the money and your time.

I'll tell you some reason why not to buy them.

1. First of all they are not what their specifics tell you but much worst.
2. All of them have minor broblems.
3. No cd and no drivers to conect them with your Pc.
4. Sometimes they are used.
5. If you buy it from your local store you can throw it on their heads after you use it a little..
6. They are all simple touch
7. Android sucks the only thing good about them is small games that you can play anytime on Facebook or similar sites.
8. No video call with skype or msn for they haven't make it work.
9. If you want more I'll send you videos with the problems they have as Me my uncle and my gf bought. All problem, minus or bigger.

Noire

Feb 13, 2011
That's what suposed to be my tablet.

Every time I pres to write something there is an. This program closed for no reason: android.process.acore

8inch tablet pc with android2.2
Hardware
1.LCD:10.2 inch TFT touch screen2.Resolution:1024*600 WVGA3.Lcd color:260,000 million pixel4.CPU Processor Speed:Samsung S5PV210 1G ,MHz5.Memory/ROM:1GB-32GB6.Memory/RAM:512DDR7.Memory Slot:T-flash8.Wireless Interface:WiFi 802.11b/g9.Battery Type:polymer Lithium-ion battery (7.4 V)10.Battery Capacity:1800 mAh,work5-6hours11.Speaker:built-in 2w,single.12.mic:built-in high sensitivity micin.13.USB HOST:USB AF,connect mouse,keyboard,HUB,etc.SUPPORT:3G MODULE14.USB OTG:USB 2.0 OTG,can data trasmission/synchronism.15.Weight:616g(with package and accesorries)16.Dimensions(H*W*D):190mm * 120mm * 10.5mm; Weight:330g,Giftbox:23X16.7X7.9cm17.Color for choice:black,sliver,white

The screen sucks and android market doesn't work.

budhzie

Feb 8, 2011
hi Noire, i want this tablet because i can explore it, with simple build, easy understanding hardware, just like PC,
and if you know better way to buy from China, it will be cheaper and reliable, because you can get the proper work device

you can try upgrade its firmware, you can meet a lot more supporters for this device from HeroTab M816
i hope you'll search solution, than throw it because you don't get how to use it properly.

sorry for my language, if there's mistake, hope you'll get your android better :)

shawfield

Mar 15, 2011
Yes got one today. The manual says its an Aishuo minipad. Resistive screen quite good even with fingers.
Certainly not able to use it with the light-touch you can on a Galaxy Tab, but I think its about the same level
of 'finger-response' as the Archos 70, but for half the price ( £135 inc shipping from China).

Yes I used **************, even though a lot of the problems mentioned by Noire are true, I have never failed to get a refund
for products that do not work or are not what was advertised.

This particular tablet came from CCP International in Hong Kong. Very quick delivery ( 3 days ). Instant email response to a Customer Service question. Online messaging if you need to ask the manything which they respond to positively.
So thats one Alibaba supplier thats worth recommending. I know others are pretty bad though.

Android Market included & downloads very quickly indeed. Processor very quick too, flicking between screen is instant.
Not sure I agree that its can 'pich to zoom' though. I've not been ableot make it work. But thats a minor issue for me.

The firmware looks like a cross between 2.2 & 2.3 ( its got the 2.3 photo gallery for instance ) but the 2.2 keyboard & notification area.

I have strugled ot get it to read my mini SD card though. It says its there, but I can only 'see' files from the internal memory, not from the SD card. So I need to work on that one. Any help appreciated.

Overall, well worth the money as plaything to understand more about Android.
Cheers

shawfield

Mar 15, 2011
I've sorted the Sd card issue. Not a problem.

The only thing i've not been able to do as yet is to recalibrate the screen, as its a bit too sensitive when scrolling through the Android settings pages.

Does anyone know how I can recalibrate without resetting to factory settings ?

gotothepark

Feb 28, 2011
Aishuo A816 now have got an update version with a very close name, that is , Aishuo A815. A815 is an android 2.3 tablet, but with not many differences with A816. But I don't think an android 2.3 tablet will be much better than android 2.2, after all, the best android OS for tablet PC is android 3.0. An android 3.0 tablet will be much anticipated.

geekempire

Jan 17, 2011
Some sellers advertising Capacitive screen version...what's true about it?
Resistive screen on A816 is pretty good...this update would be perfect

Apr 25, 2011
I saw there are alot of Aishuo's 817 model coming out from ************** with Android 2.3..the most shocking is that some of the model comes with a 1.4Ghz Samsung Processor. Can it be trusted ? Or is there any chance that we might being cheated for their sales boost ?

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
Do any of you have a working 20110531 firmware img for easy tf mode update?? I'm sick and tired of trying to use the fastboot or android bootloader interface, both my win 7 and win xp laptops refuse to cooperate during the PC to tablet update.. I have several different firmwares, but nothing that works for micro-sd update mode..Anybody?????????????????????????????????????????????

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
Ok...After 4 days of trial and error I finally have a semi-working 20110531 firmware flashed to my tablet.

Pro's> Full Market with no dropped downloads. All major apps like Netflix>Facebook>Skyfire etc.. are present and working well..No hardware or G Sensor issues to report & racing games like Raging Thunder II work flawlessly..Overall it's 100 x better then the 20110512 update that was pre-installed.

Con's> The firmware didn't load the boot logo & the Browser reverts back to Main App Page..but after using google search once the browser now opens preoperly.

Still going to need more testing & possibly some tweaking from an experienced user, but overall everything seems much better for me.

Ftanl

JoeBro

Sep 18, 2011
Hi
I am a newbie here. I think I have one of these tablets with 2.3. I have been using it well for the last 2 months and now it has a touch screen response problem. It boots up as usual but doesn't let me go past the unlock screen as there is no touch response on the screen. I also tried booting it up by holding the power and home buttons, it takes me to a screen with a triangle with an exclamatory mark in between but then again I can't do anything after that.
This was a gift to my little girl and she's really upset that it isn't working anymore. Somebody please help, I have almost given up hope.
Thanks

PaulM24

Oct 9, 2011
Joe
Something that may be worth trying - I just bought one of these tablets and wasn't getting on with the resistive screen, until I discovered that the stylus from a Nintendo DSi worked really well. It may work well enough to allow you to re-calibrate the screen.