Aishou S5PV210 (A816) - Samsung Cortex A8 Android 2.2 Tablet

kentc1978

Nov 11, 2010
Hey guys. I'm a complete newbie to the Andriod tablet market. Been thinking about getting one for a while now, but I finally pulled the trigger on the Herotab MID816. It hasn't officially released yet, but once I get it, I'll post some feedback on the device.

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on the 816 too, but I'm torn between it and the Archos 7o. Definitely let us know how it turns out, especially the responsiveness of the resistive screen on the 816. Some of the newer resistive screens are nearly as good as the capacitive ones (see videos for the Archos 43 on youtube - I would have sworn it was capacitive). The 816 also has 512MB of RAM which is a huge plus and, while we can't count on anything, that leaves the door open for Android 3.0. I also like the plethora of connection options on the 816. Also let us know how the battery life is.

Looks like shipping has been delayed again to Nov 22nd on merimobiles for the 816.

Hope it works out for you and congrats on your purchase!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Pasting specs here. Looks good on paper. Haven't see a single prototype. No idea how this will turn out.

I never recommend batch 1s from China. Good luck.

http://www.merimobiles.com/Herotab_MID816_Android_2_2_Flash_10_1_1_2GHz_p/meri0541.htm
Product
Herotab MID816 Android 2.2 Flash 10.1 1.2GHz Multitouch Gsensor HDMI
Samsung S5PV210 (ARM Cortex TM-A8) 1.2GHz 512KB L2 Cache
OS
Android 2.2 Froyo, Flash 10.1
Memory
512MB DDR2 Ram, 2GB Nandflash built in
Extend Memory up to 32GB via micro sd card

Screen
8" Resistive Multitouch (pinch and zoom)
800*600
Audio
Stereo Speaker
3.5mm headphone jack
Built in Microphone
Supports: WMA, MP3, WAV, AAC
Video
3D Graphic Engine: 3D Games Support (SGX540 OpenGL-ES 1.1 and 2.0 and OpenVG 1.0)
1080p MPEG H.263/H.264, WMV/Divx/Xvid 1080p@30fps
Video OUT: HDMI
Real-time Video decoder
Features and highlights
  • Android 2.2 Froyo
  • Flash 10.1
  • Gsensor
  • WiFi 802.11 b/g
  • 2.0MP Camera
  • HDMI port
  • USB port
  • OTG port
  • Fast CPU of 1.2GHz Samsung S5PV210
  • Built in Battery of 2600mAh
  • Aluminium alloy case
  • Supports mouse, external keyboard
  • Multilanguage support
  • Market
  • Net Clock
  • Excellent Ebook reader
  • Weather on ine
  • Web Browser
  • 8" size perfect to bring with you anywhere
  • MSN
  • PDF Reader
  • Thousands of apps
  • Ebook: TXT, UMD, CHM, HTML, PDB
  • 3D Games Support
Dimensions
208*158*13.5mm weight: 0.450kg
Camera
Front 2MP
Battery
Built in Battery 2600mAhPackage
Content

• Herotab MID816
  • USB cable
  • Power charger
  • Earphones

kentc1978

Nov 11, 2010
I have no idea either. This is my first Android tablet. It will either be a huge success or a huge disappointment

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I have no idea either. This is my first Android tablet. It will either be a huge success or a huge disappointment

Well I definitely do not recommend this for you then. All of these tablets are not well polished at launch, and always have a host of problems. Usually it goes through a good couple of months before the tablets are relatively usable. Expect to require frequent firmware updates, at least in the beginning, for any unproven platform. This is an unproven platform in that I have never seen any feasible launched devices with this chipset. Expect to be disappointed.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I am interested to read what you have to say about it. I am new too and this one seems to be my top choice out of 3-4 I am looking at.

vesko

Aug 23, 2010

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
Looks like a nice unit especially if the multi-touch resistive screen is responsive. It would be a Galaxy Tab+ if that's the case. On the other hand the screen could have horrible response and then it would be a turd. Here's hoping a review video rolls out testing this thing soon.

kentc1978

Nov 11, 2010
Well I definitely do not recommend this for you then. All of these tablets are not well polished at launch, and always have a host of problems. Usually it goes through a good couple of months before the tablets are relatively usable. Expect to require frequent firmware updates, at least in the beginning, for any unproven platform. This is an unproven platform in that I have never seen any feasible launched devices with this chipset. Expect to be disappointed.

I'm afraid of that. This had all the features I wanted. Unfortunately, Flash support is apparently only available with 2.2 and I also wanted camera and multi-touch. This was the only device I could find that had these features for the price I paid.

kentc1978

Nov 11, 2010
Apparently I won't be able to find out how well this one works. Paypal apparently refunded my money because androidtabletcentral.com was banned from Paypal. I'm thinking of the Archos 7 now. Just wish it had a bigger screen.

kentc1978

Nov 11, 2010
After a few days of looking, I pulled the trigger on the Archos 101. Hope to get it by the end of next week

Knight22

Nov 26, 2010
I am thinking about picking up a tablet for christmas this new, but do not know much about them and need a little help choosing the right one. Was looking at the Android tablet comparison and it seems like the Herotab MID816 has many of the features I would need ( Android 2.2, Flash player, Android Market, able to read e-books and PDFs.) Did a search online and there is nothing really out there about it, So I thought I would ask here. Is the Herotab MID816 a good tablet to start out with or are there better ones for around the same price or lower?

Thanks in advance for your help.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
like you I am also in the market and saw this tablet. What I found out was that it is so new that there hasn't been much said about it. Additionally I have read on this forum that buying these products when they first come out may not be the best option because all the issues they may have with it being untested and what not, they just haven't gotten the wrinkles out so to speak.

I wish there were more on this tablet because I am considering it but read some of the Q and A's on this website and it gave me just a little more information
http://www.merimobiles.com/ReviewsList.asp?SortBy=Newest&Page=1&ProductCode=MERI0541&Reviews=Yhttp://www.merimobiles.com/ReviewsList.asp?SortBy=Newest&Page=2&ProductCode=MERI0541&Reviews=Y