Alcatel OneTouch (Bell) will not turn wifi on nor show nearby networks?

ushy86

Jun 2, 2016
Hi all. Recently we picked up a tablet for my father and I have been wanting to show him how to use the internet and all, however, when I go to the wifi settings to turn it ON, it just automatically goes back to off and not nearby networks are displayed at all as they typically should. Any ideas ladies and gents? Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It sounds like it was brand new. If so I think it may be faulty. Can you get it exchanged?

ushy86

Jun 2, 2016
I believe that it may have to come back to that. And my dad has had this for awhile now but only used it for chess and minor things. I actually recall once showing him how to use youtube and what not so it did work at one point. I am pretty sure he dropped it as there is a small screen crack inside of the tablet, but everything seems to work but the wifi it self. Anyway, I attempted a factory reset and the WIFI slider turns off about 2-3 seconds after I try and turn it on.. meanwhile on the side it says 'connecting to wifi' and does nothing.

Thanks for chiming in, and if there is anything else I can try please let me know. I just hope this isn't going to cost him for a repair, at least not too much.