All browsers close on their own

srvctec

May 26, 2012
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and exactly what you found out that caused it. I've had my GT-P3113 for about a week (it's getting returned because of a defective screen) and it seemed fine at first for web surfing on any of my preferred browsers. I use Dolphin HD mostly and Maxthon occasionally followed by the stock when need be for when pages don't quite load or act right. For the last several days the browsers ALL close within two to three minutes of opening when using them- no warning or anything- it's like I tapped the exit button and they just close. Doesn't seem to matter which websites I go to, either. I've removed all widgets from my home screens (thinking it's a memory issue) with no luck. I've opened task manager and cleared the memory just before opening a browser with no luck. I've started uninstalling apps that I've most recently installed with no luck, although I don't remember exactly what I installed when. Almost forgot- tried Dolphin mini as well and it closed all by itself as well.

I'm guessing the best thing to do when my replacement Tab arrives tomorrow is to install the browsers first and then check to make sure they won't close after each app install. I'm going to also keep a running list of what gets installed when and what version from now on so that I'll have something to go by when issues like this arise in the future. That should be fun since I have about 70 apps installed. :D

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to resolve it? Was it a specific app that caused the problem?