Alternate Android download link for Pandigital White?

midamah

Dec 26, 2011
Hello,

I'm trying to update my pandigital, and the main website seems to be down. Is there an alternate link to download the firmware for the pandigital white version? I bought this for a Christmas presents, and it just seems to lag so much. Also when I use the onscreen keyboard, I press "A" and get the letter "q."

Thank you

BobLap111

Jan 1, 2012
Their site really stinks and their tech support takes forever to answer e-mails.

I emailed tech support for some information on how to update the device to the latest android, tried to do it from the device and nothing happens, so tried it from my laptop and got a netframe error. There is nothing on the Pandigital site concerning any directions for the update so emailed tech support. their answer is:

Thank you for contacting Pandigital Customer Support regarding an issue with the Firmware Updater Application. The update program requires .Net Framework 4.0 or above to run properly. Please click on the link below and follow the steps to install the software:
Download .NET Framework
Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows on the computer. To look for recent updates, visit Windows Update. In addition, make sure you have Windows Installer 3.1 installed before you install this service pack
• Click the Download button on this page to start the download
• To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
• To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
Once that is installed, try running the firmware update again.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to call our support line at 1-800-715-5354. Our support hours are Monday - Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm Central Time and Saturday 9:00am - 3:00pm Central Time.

Sincerely,
George
Pandigital
Customer Support
(800)715-5354

Hope that helps.

After following the directions and updating the firmware I can't get the loaded apps to run. When I try to B&N reader app all I get is a message saying the app isn't loaded on my phone. When I tried to go to the B&N android reader site the Pandigital browser returns an error that the site isn't available. I also tried to go to the Android site to try to load an app I get an error that no phone is registered.

And this thing is NOT fast. AT ALL!!!

UPDATE: Got the apps to work and the device updated by running the update again. I've heard of having to update some systems twice and I guess this is one of them.

Last edited: