Am loving this thing! (Coby Kyros 7022) Quick question ...

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
I know I need a micro SD card for apps and such but what is the minimum I can get away with right now, lol? I've taken a peek at some Black Friday ads and I know the SD cards are going on sale big-tiime then so I don't want to buy a lot of storage now.

The Coby apps library came with some nifty stuff like Angry Birds, the Nook e-reader, and lots of gadgets and games. All I REALLY need at this point is to get a Flash player somehow. I need that to use this really cool TV app that even includes some British TV channels! Would a 2 GB card cover the bases or should I get a 4 GB? My tablet has 4 GB of internal storage, if that makes a difference.

Btw, I only need Flash right now -- not the whole Android market. I tried to download Flash from the market but couldn't. Is there another Flash or another way of getting JUST Flash that is fairly simple? I'm a complete moron when it comes to technology, code, transferring files, etc. Im going to have my son get the Android market and improve the tablet for me at Thanksgiving.

HOWEVER, I have to say that I don't think it needs much improving! This thing is brilliant! It latched right onto my WiFi, is quite fast, and very responsive. The games I've played so far work great and the screen images are crystal clear! And, idiot as I am, I already have my email and a lot of favorites set up on it! (Not Android Forum yet -- that's next, lol).

Geez, this tablet is exceeding my expectations, especially for just $149! I'm impressed with how sturdy and well-made it is, too. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd say, don't buy any SD until Black Friday. It doesn't sound like you're likely to run out of storage before then and even if you do, your tablet's not going to self destruct or anything. When you do get a card, make sure you get a class 4 or higher and unless your computer has a slot for MSD, get a card that comes with an adapter.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
You might not need any, depending on how much memory came with.

I have a 7012 and it came with 4 gigs.
I have a 4gig card, but so far i've loaded at least 15 apps and games, and has not used any of the sd card, and hardly a dent on the internal memory storage.

I've only used the sd card to transfer data.
It's totally empty.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
I'd say, don't buy any SD until Black Friday. It doesn't sound like you're likely to run out of storage before then and even if you do, your tablet's not going to self destruct or anything. When you do get a card, make sure you get a class 4 or higher and unless your computer has a slot for MSD, get a card that comes with an adapter.

Are all cards marked as to their class? With the best of intentions I tend to get the wrong thing if it's not staring me in the face.

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
Well, I did pick up a 2 Gb card cuz I was at Kmart anyway and they had them on sale for $6.99. I thought that was a decent price. Both micro and regular cards were on sale at that price -- mine takes a micro card. I don't know if it's a "class 4." What does that mean? Thanks for the replies!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Are all cards marked as to their class?

All the cards I've seen are clearly marked. You might need a magnifying glass to read it, but it should be marked. If you don't see a class marked on the card, don't buy it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I don't know if it's a "class 4." What does that mean?

It's a rating system that indicates the quality of the card with respect to data transfer speed. The higher the class, the better the card.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
All the cards I've seen are clearly marked. You might need a magnifying glass to read it, but it should be marked. If you don't see a class marked on the card, don't buy it.

I've actually read somewheres that if it's not marked, it's class 2.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

jillmmax

Nov 15, 2011

Photoweborama....can you play Angry Birds on your 7012? I'm thinking of buying it, but Angry Birds is a MUST for the kids!

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
jillmmax said:
Photoweborama....can you play Angry Birds on your 7012? I'm thinking of buying it, but Angry Birds is a MUST for the kids!

My son said it kept crashing. I did not test it so it could be something he did...
I don't quite get the angery bird thing, but I'm old anyway!