Coby Kyros Mid 7022 reset/root help?

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
Hello,
I have only posted a few times here on Android Tablet.net. I am a novice android user. I got my first android an archos 43 early last year but dropped it a couple months later. I replaced it with the Coby Kyros Mid 7022 in July 2011. Witht the help of the forum here i was able to get market and flash player on my 7022. On the most part I have been happy with my tablet until recently. I noticed my Home button has stopped working, my system has slowed down and take a long time to boot up, the battery is draining rapidly (screen keeps waking up), and the lock screen is gone.
After a bit of searching I see these are all common problems. I am hopeing someone can walk me through fixing them. I have almost no experiance with this type stuff. Is there a way to backup everything I currently have on my tablet? I have some videos i do not want to lose.
Would rooting be advisable? I found a few tutorials but they assume I know some basics which I dont LOL. Please help.
Thanks
Victoria

scottie73

Dec 31, 2011
hi victoria you could do a few things,a factory reset would be 1 of them.you can back up all your videos and things to either a memory card or plug into pc.you can root and install cwm easily but no need if all you want is to factory reset.

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
I factory reset my Kyros, Can someone direct me to where i can get google market and flash again?

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
Yea Thanks, So you are assuming i am asking stupid questions when in reality I am just new to all this.
I wasnt sure if i needed a certain version or something. I found daprospecta's video and i'll try it that way again.

Serious question please answer seriously. Do i root first then add Market/flash?
Im very new to this and everyones posts assume I know some basics but I cant find the basics anywhere.

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
BTW i couldnt figure out if I had backed up and i wasnt i lost that information =( and I did search "Backup android"

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No need to root to install Android Market or Adobe Flash plugin. Actually, you don't even need Android Market. If you don't wanna trouble, install GetJar, SlideME, 1Mobile and/or Amazon app (if you are in USA). Just use the built-in browser to download their maket apk and install. Android Market is only needed if you want to buy stuff there isn't available on Amazon (or you cannot use it, of course).