Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
XnRetro Pro is the 10/12 app.

Easily create stunning images with vintage or other effects. Experiment with the contrast, brightness, and saturation adjustment to make your pictures truly unique. Try out the 20 old-school color effects and 26 borders and show off your work via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or email.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
If you don't have any other apps for adding effects to your pics, this one looks pretty good. If you do, you probably have one that is just as good or better, but this one is free, so you might as well check it out. It is supposedly ad free.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hidden Objects Quest 6: Spooky Decay is the 10/13 app.

A fresh and fun reinvention of what makes Hidden Object games great, featuring a riveting series of scenes sure to give you the shivers. Play through 250 quests and try exclusive modes such as Hangman Quest, Hidden Time Bomb Search, Conveyor Quests, Thunderstorm Search, and Search in the Fog.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This app requires no permissions. It is your basic hidden objects game with a Halloween theme.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It is your basic hidden objects game with a Halloween theme.

I suppose we should expect a Halloween Mahjong any time now.:rolleyes: I thought they had one for every holiday, but they missed Columbus Day.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Mood O'Clock Alarm is the 10/14 app.

Why set up just the alarm when you can set your mood as well? Start your days with Mood O'Clock, the Stereomood-powered alarm clock that will wake you up on time and "on mood." Choose from 11 meticulously curated morning themes as you set your wakeup time and wakeup frame of mind.

PLEASE NOTE: This app lets you purchase digital content using actual money. On Kindle Fire, you can configure parental controls from the device Settings menu, and then selecting Parental Controls. On Android devices, you can configure in-app purchasing parental controls from the settings menu within the Amazon Appstore.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
This app is so bad even the developer didn't give it 5 stars. It says in the description that if you like the tune, you can purchase it from iTunes right within the app. you know what that means, In App Purchases!:eek: If you still think you might want the app, check out the permissions; Yikes!!

• Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
    • Disable the keyguard
    • Open network sockets
    • Write to external storage
    • Change Wi-Fi connectivity state
    • com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE
    • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
    • Access the vibration feature
    • Change network connectivity state
    • Write data to the device
    • Access information about networks
    • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming
Amazon ought to be ashamed of themselves for offering this app.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The reviewers seem to agree, the only reason it might be worth 99¢ is that it comes with 11 free songs.:D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Surely you didn't think you were all alone in here. I'm sure there are many other lurkers who appreciate what you 3 are doing.

@ JB,IDK,B4J,

Although it seems lonely here, about 250 people a day are still viewing this thread. That's about the average since it was created.:eek:

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
That's right. We 'tune in' every day to see whether we need to check out Amazon (or not, like today). We are further entertained by the zany antics of the admin and reviewers. Keep up the good work.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
In that case, I want a raise.:rolleyes: Gonna need it for those long, cold winter nights.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I've been one of the 250 lurkers lately, sorry I'm not contributing more JB but I'm sooooo busy and you are doing such a wonderful job!!!! What happened to JP....not helping much,I thought this was his thread!