Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hungry MonstR is the 10/30 app.

Welcome to MonstR Land, a lovely place full of cute little monstRs (yes, that's a capital "R" there!). These critters love what every self-respecting monstR loves: ice cream! This wouldn't be a problem if you weren't the ice cream man.
Yes, there are Hungry MonstRs everywhere in this entertaining Android game, converging on your poor ice cream cart. It's up to you to defend your frozen goodies.
Four different colors of monstRs approach your ice cream cart from the edges of the screen. Flick them (using full multi-touch controls) towards one of four tubes at the corners, depending on their color. Be careful not to send a monstR into the wrong tube; he'll plug it up temporarily and keep you from using it.
If three monstRs get away with ice cream, it's game over. That is a definite challenge with the sheer numbers that will eventually start converging on your cart.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin is the 10/31 app.

"One day in the pumpkin patch the strangest little pumpkin hatched. Spookley wasn't like his friends—where they had curves, he had ends."
So begins The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin. This delightful and inspiring book for your Android device combines the original text of author Joe Troiano and artwork of Susan Banta with features that entertain and promote reading.

Spookley the square pumpkin was different. In a world where "the only good pumpkins are round pumpkins," Spookley is shunned. Until one day during a terrible storm he gets the chance to make a difference. In The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin, a unique pumpkin delivers a special message of tolerance and self-acceptance that's just right for Halloween or any day of the year.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Pig Blaster - Ad Free is the 11/1 app.

Dagnabbit! There's trouble on Old McDonald's farm, tonight. The swine have broken out of their pen and are making a run for the property line. You're the farm hand on duty and your job is to round up the escaped porkers. Your only hope of capturing them all is your trusty Pig Blaster.

Y'see, in Pig Blaster, nothing makes hogs run the other way like the sight of their relatives hurtling through the air. So the surest way to turn all of the squealers back toward Old MacDonald's is to launch some carefully-targeted porcine cannonballs into their midst.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Not free, but the OfficeSuite Pro is only $5. I downloaded it to my wife's A100.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Very true, but last week isn't here anymore. :) Still a very good deal.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Drift Mania Championship is the 11/2 app.

If you've ever experienced that moment when your tires lose their grip and you begin to spin out, you know just how terrifying that can be. In Drift Mania Championship, that's actually the object of the game. Your head and your tires will both be spinning when you take on this exciting game for Android.

The key to Drift Mania Championship is a combination of pushing the limits while maintaining control. Drifting is the act of maneuvering a vehicle around corners at speeds and angles that exceed the vehicle's grip--a kind of controlled slide. But go too fast and your slide becomes Wipeout City.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Doesn't automatically scale for the tablet.

The only caution in the description was: Note: This game is not compatible with Samsung devices using Android 2.1. Upgrade to 2.2 or try the Lite version of the app.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
InfeCCt is the 11/3 app.

You know how in the movies, the crumbling, ancient city in the middle of the jungle is always overgrown with vines? That's the scene in InfeCCt, a contagiously entertaining puzzle game for Android.

The vines are growing like wildfire, but you alone control their path. The challenge is to guide them in connecting each and every tile on the grid without crossing any square twice (except the special tiles that require it).

RickWJ324

Oct 30, 2011
Question from a noob here.. I just got a Nook yesterday (first time I've ever used a tablet). As soon as I got it home I rooted it and now running CM7. How do I get the Amazon app of the day downloaded to the Nook Color? If I go out the site and choose to download, it goes to my cell phone. Sorry for my ignorance, just not sure how to proceed? :)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
InfeCCt is the 11/3 app.

You know how in the movies, the crumbling, ancient city in the middle of the jungle is always overgrown with vines? That's the scene in InfeCCt, a contagiously entertaining puzzle game for Android.

The vines are growing like wildfire, but you alone control their path. The challenge is to guide them in connecting each and every tile on the grid without crossing any square twice (except the special tiles that require it).

Looks like a more graphic version of Walk About. :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Question from a noob here.. I just got a Nook yesterday (first time I've ever used a tablet). As soon as I got it home I rooted it and now running CM7. How do I get the Amazon app of the day downloaded to the Nook Color? If I go out the site and choose to download, it goes to my cell phone. Sorry for my ignorance, just not sure how to proceed? :)

Follow the instructions from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_gs&docId=1000626391

Enter your email, recieve an email with a link to the store App. Click on the link in your Nook and the app downloads just as any other app. Install the app and viola you have the Amazon App store.