Amazon Free App of the Day

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tom T said:
So next year you plan on avoiding your birthday? I have a wonderful Island you could hide out on ;-)

I was on your island during the winter and I asked around about a Tom who has apple trees which he has to defend against the beavers and who owns few tablets ...everybody knew who I was talking about so I saw where you live, watched you from afar....I know everything about you!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Photo Transfer App is the 8/7 app.

Transfer photos without cables. This photography app enables you to easily transfer images and videos from your Android device to your computer using a Wi-Fi network. Upload multiple photos from your computer to your device, and swap between devices. Best on higher-end devices. Photos on the go.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
=Spider;291694]Photo Transfer App is the 8/7 app.

Transfer photos without cables. This photography app enables you to easily transfer images and videos from your Android device to your computer using a Wi-Fi network. Upload multiple photos from your computer to your device, and swap between devices. Best on higher-end devices. Photos on the go.
  • Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
    • Enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode
    • Open network sockets
    • Write to external storage
    • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
    • Access information about networks
    • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming
That's a lot of permissions considering you could use Dropbox or Google to do the same thing.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
That's a lot of permissions considering you could use Dropbox or Google to do the same thing.

Looking at the permissions, they seem reasonable for an app that's going to access your PC and your tablet to transfer files between them using your Wi-Fi network. In fact, the permissions for Dropbox seem even worse:(:

• Developed By: Dropbox, Inc.
  • Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
    • Read from external storage
    • Write to external storage
    • Access information about Wi-Fi networks
    • Access the list of accounts in the Accounts Service
    • com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE
    • Act as an AccountAuthenticator for the AccountManager
    • Write the sync settings
    • Get notified that the operating system has finished booting
    • Open network sockets
    • Read the sync settings
    • Manage the list of accounts in the AccountManager
    • Access the vibration feature
    • PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming
    • Access information about networks

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
You can transfer photos and documents using drop box. IMO the safest and easiest way is to transfer to the memory card and import to the PC from there.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
IMO the safest and easiest way is to transfer to the memory card and import to the PC from there.

I totally agree, it's my favorite method too. Unfortunately, many tablets don't have a memory card slot.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Gin Rummy is the 8/8 app.

Form sets and runs of cards before your opponent does! The app provides both beginners and experienced players with a range of opponents to ensure a good match. Choose a background and deck, arrange your hand - or let the app do it for you - and drag and drop the cards to play.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Oh good, a card game! Wish I could remember how to play it. Hope we don't have a lot of Kindle HD subscribers here. It is absolutely amazing how many FAOTD do not work well with Amazon's own tablet.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I absolutely love Gin, and I think I like the card game as well.

So it will be gin rummy and martini gin?I love martini gin straight....I stopped drinking it though after I had 2 with my stomach empty one night and I found myself in somebody's bathtub. The guy was lucky, not that easy to get me in a bathtub....I like showers! :) :-D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
So it will be gin rummy and martini gin?I love martini gin straight....I stopped drinking it though after I had 2 with my stomach empty one night and I found myself in somebody's bathtub. The guy was lucky, not that easy to get me in a bathtub....I like showers! :) :-D

Now I completely forgot what this thread was about :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Summer Sudoku is the 8/9 app.

This beautifully crafted seasonal game comes packed to the brim with hundreds of Sudoku puzzles. Earn up to 3 stars across 4 difficulty levels. Take advantage of the notes, highlights, and even a "resume" option that lets you come back to your game, if you need to take a break for a quick dip in the pool.