Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
@JB and anyone else concerned about app permissions. (IMHO that should be everyone.)

I just came across an app I think you'll be interested in. It's not the FAOTD, but it is a free app.

App permissions are very important in the world of Android. They tell you what your applications are doing and what they need from you in order to function. For instance, an SMS app needs permission to access your SMS messages in order to function. An app by Bitdefender Antivirus called Clueful Privacy Advisor that’ll help you learn about permissions and which apps use which permissions.

To read a review, watch a video and download the app just click this link: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...missions-exposed-clueful-privacy-advisor.html

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Have you tried this app? I have 58 Moderate risk apps. It starts by asking you for contact information, which you do not have to give them.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
NeoCal Advanced Calculator is the 3/26 app.

NeoCal is an advanced, award-winning calculator designed to work just like a real calculator, only better. The intuitive keyboard design provides efficient access to over 230 financial, statistical, scientific, programmer, conversion, and date and time functions without having to access menus or lists of functions. The large 12-digit display includes thousands separators and shows labels for calculated and stored results. Backspace, Undo, and Redo make correcting mistakes simple.

Other than my brother, who is a math genius, I do not know anyone who would know how to use most of the functions of this calculator. But if you didn't grab a free calculator one of the other times one was offered, this one also does the basic functions that most people use a calculator for and there are no permissions.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
The geek in me made me download the FAOTD: NeoCal. Now I have one more calculator app. I hear the calculator *might* stop working if there's no Internet access, because of Amazon's DRM on downloaded apps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Have you tried this app? I have 58 Moderate risk apps.

Yes, I did. It only took a second to open and it had all my apps already categorized by risk factor. Nice to know I don't have any high risk apps, I've always been afraid I might have downloaded something bad way back before I really knew any better.:rolleyes:

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Have you tried this app? I have 58 Moderate risk apps.

Got the app from Google Play. I have 66, so did I win?
Wait... this is not a game... Lol!
u7yha9ys.jpg

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Doodle God is the 3/27 app.

With a name like Doodle God, you might think this is a simple doodling app. Wrong! In this game you mix fire, water, earth, air, and more to create storms, build armies, and grow civilizations. The graphics may be simple doodles, but make no bones about it--in this game, you are an almighty god!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
1. In-App Purchases!
2. Not even the full version
3. 58 one star reviews to 43 five star reviews
4. Not appropriate for kids under 67

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Muscle Trigger Point Anatomy is the 3/28 app.

An anatomy reference for the most common trigger points and referral patterns for over 70 muscles. Features 100+ trigger points with their corresponding referral patterns. Each muscle includes the visual referral pattern and point location, plus a written muscle action, referral and comments for each muscle. You can choose to view each muscle individually, or use the zones view to see all the muscles that refer into a specific area, a great help in discovering the source of pain.

Trigger points are tight places in a muscle that cause pain to be felt elsewhere in the body. This is great for massage therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, or anyone wanting to discover the source of muscular pain, and learn about muscle function.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Clay Jam is the 3/29 app.

Save the land of Clay Jam from the fearsome Bully Beasts in this fun-packed action game. Guide Fat Pebble as he rolls down five weird and wonderful hills in a world made entirely from clay!

Squash monsters on the way, and he'll grow and grow and GROW! Get all the way to the bottom of the hill and meet the nasty Bully Beasts.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Looks like a kids game that even adults can have fun with. Highly rated and almost no permissions.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Guess The Movie - Full is the 3/30 app.

We use some exceptionally beautiful posters with minimalist artwork to give you a clue to help you guess the movie. Hundreds of stunning, beautiful minimalist movie posters. Multiple levels to test your skills.

Lots of Help Options :
- Use hints to Guess the Movie based on the plot summary for the movie itself.
- Use a second kind of hint to guess the movie name in hangman style.
- Finally, use our "Resolve" feature in case you get really stuck!

Natey2

May 25, 2012
And the $5 credit for downloading a free app was incredible too.
yqaqubaq.jpg

Just a reminder that the promotional credit, if you received it, expires tomorrow 3/31/2014. It is not easy to tell that you have a promo credit for an appstore app at Amazon :( ; it's not like a gift card credit that is more easily visible.

I was spending too much time figuring out what I should buy for the $5, so I just bought My Backup Pro for $4.99 with it..