Android 2.1 Flytouch II wifi GPS+3G -> Huawei E220 3GUSB Dongle connection?

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010
Hi All,

Am seriously considering buying above Flytouch II Tablet but neither my ISP (3 Aust.) can advise whether it will work with this tablet nor can the supplier? I don't want to buy it, then find unable to connect USB modem directly. Am mainly looking @ it for e-reading with the advantage of GPS for travelling. Can anyone point me in the right direction or advise of a tablet that will work with the 3G Hsdpa Huawei? I know the tablet has 2 x 2.0 usb ports & states '3G' but it still doesn't explain. Many thanks Min.:confused: Techy dinosaur
PS forgot to mention supplier is offering a case with keyboard & co-pilot for GPS

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Like I said, I am not sure about the support there.

Generation one lists the E220 as supported, but I do not know about Flytouch II.

Official supported cards listed on Infotmic's webpage include: ZTE AC2736, Huawei E1916, Huawei E1750. Huawei EC122, Huawei EM770W. But there's some incompatibility even amongst these ones I was reading about.

You are best off with the local version of the Huawei S7 instead.

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010

Generation one lists the E220 as supported, but I do not know about Flytouch II.

Official supported cards listed on Infotmic's webpage include: ZTE AC2736, Huawei E1916, Huawei E1750. Huawei EC122, Huawei EM770W. But there's some incompatibility even amongst these ones I was reading about.

I would of preferred a 10" Tablet. The gen I only has 1 usb 2.0 port & my dongle has 2 full size ports (1 is for addnl pwr). I'm on the fringe coverage area & find the extra pwr plug a boon. Thanks for the info on the dongle compatibility issues I might contact my ISP & see if I can upgrade the dongle as it's nearly 4 yrs old now & my contract is due for renewal Feb. 2011.

I have emailed Huawei Tech. support directly if or when I get a response I will advise the outcome, just incase someone else has the same issue.

Last edited:

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010
Hi Xaueious have still had no response from Huawei, I have been advised via my isp that a 'mifi' pocket wifi could solve my issue but why should I have to buy another gadget to make the tablet work - makes no sense to me?? PS IDK why this msg has 'bolded' itself.

Further to my above note have rec'd a msgfr eBay pad seller that I would definitely require a 'mifi' pocket wifi, so am unsure whether to wait a wee bit longer as I've heard on the grapevine that some tabs will come ready to put in yr own sim card in. Wouldn't that be nice? This info came from an SA Govt. IT Geek my O/H works with so I guess this yrs Xmas pressie might be put off till next yr? Oh the pain, the pain, patience is a virtue.

Cheers & Happy New Year. Min.

Last edited:

squat251

Dec 26, 2010
my guess is that its bold, because you double posted. im guessing. also some variants of the wopad (the one with the black plastic bar on the top of the backside) the black par snaps off and under is a sim card slot, it also has a cap screen (optional) but i dont know if you want to buy one or not, it does use the rock chip so yeah.. thats all i know from tons of researching these slates.

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010
my guess is that its bold, because you double posted. im guessing. also some variants of the wopad (the one with the black plastic bar on the top of the backside) the black par snaps off and under is a sim card slot, it also has a cap screen (optional) but i dont know if you want to buy one or not, it does use the rock chip so yeah.. thats all i know from tons of researching these slates.

Hi, thanks for the info. Is the Wopad a 10"? Do you have a link I could look @ please? Thx. I've no idea when it comes to 'rock chip' techy stuff, sounds like it belongs in a quarry LOL. Don't recall dbl posting but with Xmas/New Yr anything's possible. I do know there's a whole heap of new stuff being shown @ an IT show on 6 Jan 2011 (think it's in the US), found it on the CNET site. Might wait a bit longer, waiting for a while won't stress me too much. I sure as hell ain't buying from Steve Job's after my experience with a simple 32 gb Ipod Touch. Cheers.

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010

Hi Xaueious, have now changed my usb to the Huawei E122 (Ec122 except Aust.). Still playing the waiting game as to which tab to get. Can report that the stick is heaps faster than the old E220 I had (so even if I do wait for 2.3 gingerbread or the Android 3.0 system I've not wasted too much $'s). Enjoy reading the boards trying to absorb as much info as I can. Cheers Min.

odinthegreat

Nov 18, 2012
go to network settings, more, ethernet, and activate it from there! not sure why but Huawei seems to be detected as a physical ethernet device (no config necessary, just needs to be activated).
Have fun, Paul.