Connecting gps device to android tablet

May 15, 2012
Hello,

I am going to HIMALAYAS (Leh, Ladakh, India) from my home town on a motorbike.
The tour will be around 8000km plus and for 45 days.
I just have Garmin eTrex H GPS, which has limited memory and no SD slot. I want to save my all active log data (date and time). I have two options, one is to change my GPS with SD cards model or to carry a tablet (android) and connect my eTrex GPS to it.
Tablet will be an advantage since it can store my photos, pdf info files, and lot many things like 3G connection etc.
Can anyone please tell me how can I use my eTrex with android tablet. Please also note that eTrex H has serial port cable, I connet a usb to serial port converter cable to that cable and then connect it to my PC (Windows XP). Drivers Installed for usb to serial converter cable and it works fine with Garmin MAPSOURCSE software.
Please help me, I am new to Android and don't know which Tablet to buy or what new GPS I should buy.
I am available with the same name in g mail

Regards,

anilda.wanderer

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello anilda , welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!