Android 2.2 on S7

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
We don't have an official Huawei 2.2 release or a custom recovery ROM for the S7 yet. Check out the tips and tricks sticky above and the development subforum for some modifications you can install that can give you some 2.2-like functionality such as APPS2SD/LINKS2SD and other functional improvements. Huawei has stated that a 2.2 upgrade release may be coming in March - but I'm not personally holding my breath because they are not communicating effectively with legacy users. Good luck.

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
Can current version 2.1 S7 still be tethered with a laptop or desktop pc? I have unlimited data plan sim card. It's really nice to use the data plan tethering this tablet.

We don't have an official Huawei 2.2 release or a custom recovery ROM for the S7 yet. Check out the tips and tricks sticky above and the development subforum for some modifications you can install that can give you some 2.2-like functionality such as APPS2SD/LINKS2SD and other functional improvements. Huawei has stated that a 2.2 upgrade release may be coming in March - but I'm not personally holding my breath because they are not communicating effectively with legacy users. Good luck.

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
We would also need a kernel that supports that functionality. The current kernel, I don't know ATM we just need to give this bad boy some time for the devs to de-virginized the kernels and recovery after a CM7 port would be nice hint hint.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
That's a whole nother can of worms. If you want to tether your laptop to the S7 using the sim card, this can be done with apps such as PDANet. You need to make sure, however, that your carrier will honor the data plan with the SIM in the Huawei. T-mobile users found out the hard way that T-mobile was blocking the S7 from combined data/voice plans, but will allow either voice only or data only. AT&T requires some setup/configuration - search the forum for instructions. Good luck.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
The technical forum at Huawei is working again. They confirm 2.2 in March.

Sent from my S7

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I can't even register on the Huawei site from the English page. I had to do it from the Chinese side. Still has weird bugs. They should just use other software.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
I was able to register. You have to do it from IE only. I attempted on FF and Chrome only to not be able to accept the TOS. I posted a reply questioning the validity of what z00144985 stated but now the thread will not display. The problem here is that we don't know if this person is actually working for Huawei. When you look up that username it shows it was registered in 08 as a general user and not as Staff or a MOD. That and they've only ever made 7 posts. You'd think they would have made more if they worked for them.

I really do hope 2.2 comes out for the S7 next month. All we can do is wait.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
zt0622
Expert Points: 0
Useable Points: 10000

Re: Android 2.2 for Huawei S7
Posted: 2011-02-26 16:59
Thank you for using our product,when you Tablet Product Forum,you can see the administrator name on the upper right.
We'll release a universal version,it could support 998*z and 768*z.

So a mod has answered and identified that the original responder was also a mod. =P A universal version sounds interesting at least. Wish I could get a more accurate date though.

hhsader

Jan 20, 2011
So a mod has answered and identified that the original responder was also a mod. =P A universal version sounds interesting at least. Wish I could get a more accurate date though.

What are the 998 & 768 reffering to?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App