Android 2.2 to be relaesed in february

cider101

Jan 17, 2011
...subject says it all...

Looks like android 2.2 is going to be released for the X220 chips after the chinese spring holiday. I had a couple of short chats with some seller on alibaba and two or three of them claimed that it soon will be released.

Lets see if the are able to run Flash 10.1 on it....

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
Problem is rumours abound about this & you really don't know who to believe.
I really hope this is correct,as for me the lack of flash is the Achilles heel of these tablets.
Let's face it, almost all of the top sites use it,so it's a real bummer not being able to maximise
the potential of these sites.
Finger's crossed !!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Jan 25, 2011
No sorry I do not think this one will work. But im not positive. I know all the internals are the same but its probably not a good idea to flash this rom. Ill see whats out for the flytouch 2

Jan 25, 2011
Cool thanks agian much appreciated. My pad isn't a ZT-180 though I don't think? Its a Flytouch 2? As far as i'm aware here's the link for what I have. 10.2" ePad SuperPad GPS WiFi HDMI Camera 3G Tablet PC on eBay (end time 27-Jan-11 16:33:35 GMT)

Will this ROM work ok with this pad? I'm hoping to do it tonight so any help again would be great. Thanks!

Okay did a little hunting and bad news 2.2 has not been released for your tablet. The newest rom can be found here But good news it looks like there should be an update out soon for your tablet. Sorry about the confusion earlier.

dutchio

Jan 28, 2011
Ok no worries about the confusion, thanks for having a dig around for me. At least I didn't attempt the flash. I think i'm gonna hold out for the official update of 2.2 i've heard its 4 times as fast I can't wait should be graet. Cheers.

dutchio

Jan 28, 2011
Hi is there any further development on this? I've had a search round but couldn't find anything. I know that it is rumoured the 2.2 rom will be available for the Flytouch 2 after the chinese new year but still no word. As always thanks for any help!!