Android 2.2 - Will not boot/Turn on

soulmusiq

Mar 11, 2011
I just purchased and received my Android 2.2 from China. I charged it overnight. The red light charge indicator comes on but when I turn the power button to 'on' position, nothing happens. Any idea what could be causing this problem? I even tried turning it on while charging and still nothing. Help!!

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Did it come from Shenzhen China between Nov-Feb?
If so , you can't do anything, they used pirated 2.2, and the manufacturer who wholesales them to Chinese Vendors has had a 80% return rate for shoddy soldering, mine lasted 3 hours, sent back Jan 21 have been waiting over 40 days for *************** to make a refund or send one that works!
Good Luck my friend, I am out 174.00 & 20.00 plus shipping back from the West Coast

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010
I just purchased and received my Android 2.2 from China. I charged it overnight. The red light charge indicator comes on but when I turn the power button to 'on' position, nothing happens. Any idea what could be causing this problem? I even tried turning it on while charging and still nothing. Help!!

As alcassetta states send tab back, did you Pay via Pay Pal? If so open a dispute. You have 45 days fr signed receipt of goods. Please please say you paid by Pay Pal. I'll keep my fingers X. Chin up you're not alone.

I've got the legit 2.2 fr an Aust supplier del. Wed. Mar 9th, but have to go back to 2.1 as the newer version won't work with 3G USB Modem YET unless I buy a pocket wifi. Which is another $100.

joy wang

Mar 11, 2011
You can change the other chargers to charge.If it is still not work,there is something wrong with the battery.You can change the battery of the tablet pc,it is simple.

soulmusiq

Mar 11, 2011
Did it come from Shenzhen China between Nov-Feb?
If so , you can't do anything, they used pirated 2.2, and the manufacturer who wholesales them to Chinese Vendors has had a 80% return rate for shoddy soldering, mine lasted 3 hours, sent back Jan 21 have been waiting over 40 days for *************** to make a refund or send one that works!
Good Luck my friend, I am out 174.00 & 20.00 plus shipping back from the West Coast

Yes. I purchased it from DinoDirect.com in the latter part of February. Just received it on Thursday. It came from Guangzhou China. I have tried to submit a return via DinoDirect and haven't been successful. Their return policy/procedure is a bit shady. I out of about the same amount (Central US). So since I can't send it back, I decided to open it. The soldering looks okay, but i'm not sure if the battery is actually holding a strong enough charge to turn the thing on. I've read a few other post and one guy upgraded his battery pack so he could have longer usage. I just want the thing to boot up. Thanks for the info.

soulmusiq

Mar 11, 2011
Sorry min10-2008...didn't pay with pay pal. Who's the Aust supplier. I might try them.

soulmusiq

Mar 11, 2011
You can change the other chargers to charge.If it is still not work,there is something wrong with the battery.You can change the battery of the tablet pc,it is simple.

I tried the USB plug that came with it, and it does nothing. The charger that came with it has EU plugs, luckily I travel international quite a bit and had an converter in the house. I don't mine changing the battery, but I'm not sure where to find one that will work. The battery pack this in here says HP 3410080 7.4V 2011 01 14 (I believe 2011 01 14 is some sort of date. But for what? Expiration or Installation?) I have charged this device for 24 hours and the red light never turns green and it still doesn't power on. Any suggestions where I can find a battery or if the device will still be defective after I change the battery?

soulmusiq

Mar 11, 2011
It's working now. Didn't change the battery and the red light never turned green. I'm so glad I opened the thing. The problem was there is a sd card in the unit that was not push down completely in it's slot. So pushed it in, hit the power button and life came to the unit. Ridiculous that one has to go through breaking down the unit and fixing a problem that should not have been an issue. But I'm glad it was just that and I'm glad I decided to open it.

Now I just need to figure out how to get it to connect to my internet system. Is see it, but of course, I can't find a mac address so I need to open my network. It seems I had the same issue with my android phone, so this should be an easy fix.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
You might try Tigerdirect.com to buy Battery ,That date is shelf life.It would be okay to be installed till that date. USB is to play music or see photos & data off a memory stick usually to 32 Gb, It can't be charged through it.It is a host only USB port.

soulmusiq

Mar 11, 2011
You might try Tigerdirect.com to buy Battery ,That date is shelf life.It would be okay to be installed till that date. USB is to play music or see photos & data off a memory stick usually to 32 Gb, It can't be charged through it.It is a host only USB port.

Thanks alcassetta...that shelf life date passed in January of this year so I guess I'll be investing in a new battery, but I'll wait until this one really gives me issues. Don't want to keep opening the case...wasn't that easy. Also since the tablet didn't come with a lot of instructions, how to I get the USB port to work? Unlike on my android phone which has a USB setting app, my android tablet doesn't. Any ideas as to how I get the device to read the usb port so I can retrieve information off of it?

bettysmith

Jul 25, 2011
It could be a problem with the internal batteries, either the dead batteries or disconnected cable. But i've a strong feeling that it could not be the dead batteries because you said that you still can not turn it on even with the charger plugged in. Dead batteries dont act like this.

Starkadder

Aug 4, 2011
It's working now. Didn't change the battery and the red light never turned green. I'm so glad I opened the thing. The problem was there is a sd card in the unit that was not push down completely in it's slot. So pushed it in, hit the power button and life came to the unit. Ridiculous that one has to go through breaking down the unit and fixing a problem that should not have been an issue. But I'm glad it was just that and I'm glad I decided to open it.

Now I just need to figure out how to get it to connect to my internet system. Is see it, but of course, I can't find a mac address so I need to open my network. It seems I had the same issue with my android phone, so this should be an easy fix.

how the heck do I open this thing? Ive got the same problem. it worked fine then nothing. the blue light comes on but the screen never illuminates and it never boots, just sits there with a pretty blue light.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Try factory restore by holding down the menu and power buttons until it says restore on progress.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum