Android 3.0 and future proofing

Gangrel

Dec 9, 2010
Hi,

Now we're starting to see some details emerge regarding Android 3.0,I was wondering if there was any confirmation of which existing tablets should be able to run 3.0. I've heard that the Archos 101 and Advent Vega should be OK. Is this likely to be true? Any others out there?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
word in the tech world is that Android 3.0 doesn't have any specific hardware requirements. Granted that doesn't mean a lot of these tablets would run it well, but in theory they should be able to run it.

Gangrel

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I thought I'd read somewhere that threr were no s;pecific processor requirements, but there were some definite display needs. Am I wrong on that?

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
It was thought that there would be display requirements but there are none. If you are serious about a 3.0 tablet, I would wait until tablets start shipping with 3.0

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Advent Vega should be futureproof enough. Whatever installs on the gTablet installs on the Vega. Modaco has a good development community behind it.

I would be very surprised if the Vega doesn't go Honeycomb

As for the Archos 101, no so much.

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
It was thought that there would be display requirements but there are none. If you are serious about a 3.0 tablet, I would wait until tablets start shipping with 3.0

I Too agree with Carbira1 If you are seriously looking into Honeycomb then wait until tablets are shipped with the firmware for the best experience out of 3.0