Android 4.0.3 Crash Google play store

3dcarlos

May 11, 2012
Hi,

I'm from Mexico, yesterday I apply the new update for my Tablet S and now I can't open the Google play store, it only show me a message that say "The application Google Play Store has stopped".

Does any one know why this happen and how can I solve it??? :confused:

Thank's in advance.

CC

sagittarii

May 11, 2012
I had the same problem with Google Play. I kept getting the stopped message after upgrading to ICS.
I have only had the S tablet a week and am new to Android but the following worked for me. (expect all steps not required)

I cleared the data and forced stop the app (google play).
It updated, launched ok, selected a download and then got the stop error again. I reset the device as well.
I downgraded the store to the Android one for now and it seemed to be working but would only launch not download.
Resets and data clearing again only let me launch.
Then it forced me to upgrade to Google Play and I was able into install apps since.

Amuthan

May 31, 2012
Australia got the ICS 4.0.2 , OTA today.
I updated my Tablet. Looks so much better in terms of features.

Bad news: Google Play Store has stopped working. The message is been displayed again and again on the screen which is annoying.

I tried installing Play Store APK manually using ES File Explorer. But no luck. Still the same annoying message.

Hoping to reset the Tablet / erase the data go back to 3.2.0 and then upgrade to 4.0.2

If anyone has found a remedy please let me know / post here. Cheers!

tabs

Nov 30, 2011
Amuthan said:
Australia got the ICS 4.0.2 , OTA today.
I updated my Tablet. Looks so much better in terms of features.

Bad news: Google Play Store has stopped working. The message is been displayed again and again on the screen which is annoying.

I tried installing Play Store APK manually using ES File Explorer. But no luck. Still the same annoying message.

Hoping to reset the Tablet / erase the data go back to 3.2.0 and then upgrade to 4.0.2

If anyone has found a remedy please let me know / post here. Cheers!

I updated overnight in perth and everything is working fine! I am on 4.03, though!

nzbeagle

Jun 1, 2012
thank you so much tried your ideas fixed the problem straight away. I was a bit worried before I got my sony I had a cheap tablet and when I updated it it crashed big time so I was thinking oh no not again but all good now . thank goodness for the android forum

Mrizhal

Jun 2, 2012
I was experiencing the same problems when I updated my Sony S Tablet to 4.0 Ice Cream just yesterday. I kept seeing "unfortunately, play store has stopped".. All I thought about was restoring play store to its old version which was as they called it market. Now I am using the old market version and it seemed to work out pretty great!

Go to settings> apps> all > playstore> uninstall (it was the right top button just below the app name and version

if there are instructions telling you that the app will return back to the old "market" version.. Just follow the steps.. Accept the app then you'll be done!

But, still i am experiencing problems on other apps showing the same problem "unfortunately...blah blah" I guess people who have still honey comb version.. just stick to it.. For us who has the ice cream, I guess I'll just wait for a newer update. I wish I could downgrade my android version back to honey comb.. If u guys know how to.. pls, reply.. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
That is the same as I had to do:

"Just head over to your tablet settings, select apps and choose the google play store app. From there you`ll be able to uninstall the app. You`ll notice that the google play store will go back to the original factory version. Open the store and you`ll be prompted to upgrade. Do so and you`ll. Have your store back".