Android 4.0 Codename: Ice Cream

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
HardPkVariety.gif

Android roadmap but the codename is likely all we're going to hear about the fourth version of the company's mobile operating system for a while, since Ice Cream likely won't be introduced until mid-2011 at the earliest.
Android 3.0 (codenamed Gingerbread) and Android 3.5 (codenamed Honeycomb) have yet to be released. Gingerbread is expected to be released before the end of the year and Honeycomb should arrive in early 2011.

Android release are codenamed after a dessert, in alphabetical order. The custom began in May 2009 with the development of the Android 1.5 (codenamed Cupcake). Android 1.6 (codenamed Donut) followed in September 2009 and Android 2.0 (codenamed Éclair) arrived in October 2009 and January 2010 Android 2.1. Android 2.2, the current version of Android (unveiled in May 2010), is codenamed Froyo, short for frozen yogurt.

Source: Blog Fobes

Soopa83

Oct 21, 2010
same here, sherring - i'd like to know more about the features...and why they're not integrating whatever big changes they're planning for 4.0 into 3.0 instead of saving them for further down the line. i read that htc's tablet is going to be one of the first released using gingerbread - and the rumored specs are insane...i hope those aren't going to be required to handle it, because that will probably put any tablets using it out of my price range.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Tablet OS where the current versions are Mobile OS. I am sure there will be two OS for Mobile and Tablet. Not much data on Android 4. They just announced it.

So Android OS 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, 3.5 and then 4.0. Soon as they release more data I'll post it.

Last edited: