Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - Device List

Should I do this for every Android version release?

• Yeah!

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Click here to subscribe to the latest thread updates.Some of you might remember me from a while back. I created a device list for the then-latest version of Android: 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. Well, I thought I'd put another device compilation thread together for Jelly Bean! Seeing how popular the last one was, I'd like to do it again. So, instead of scrambling all around to various news sites, trying to figure out whether or not you're device will be upgraded or not, this thread will serve to be a one-stop shop for Jelly Bean device updates!

The thread is separated into 5 sections: at the top, you see the latest updates to the thread contents. Listed below that is general, broad news as regards Jelly Bean updates. Next are confirmed or otherwise hinted updates for Tablets, with references. Below that, near the bottom, are the updates for Phones and their references. So, without further ado, dive in!

Latest Updates
>> 9/21/2012, 1:41PM - Added the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to the list!
>> 9/13/2012, 6:43PM - Added news section. Intel confirmed Jelly Bean port for their x86 based SoCs.
>> 9/6/2012, 10:44PM - Added Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S (also on Sprint), and the Galaxy Note II.
>> 8/31/2012, 11:42AM - Spacing error fixed.
>> 8/31/2012, 11:41AM - Sony Tablets added, alphabetically sorted manufacturers
>> 8/30/2012, 4:50PM - Motorola Xoom, HTC Phones added
>> 8/30/2012, 2:20PM - Initial thread created, ASUS and Samsung Jelly Bean devices added

News
Intel x86 chips now support Jelly Bean.

Tablets
ASUS
Transformer Pad TF300T (Confirmed, released on WW, UK, and US sku)
>> Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T (Confirmed)
>> Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 (Confirmed)
>> Eee Pad Transformer TF101 (Confirmed)
>> Eee Pad Slider SL101 (Confirmed)

Motorola
Xoom Wi-Fi (Confirmed, released; bugfix on the way)

Samsung
Galaxy Note 10.1 (Confirmed)
>> Galaxy Note (Insinuated)
>> Galaxy Note II (Preloaded)

Sony Xperia Tablet S
>> Tablet S

References:
ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T - link

>> Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T - link

>> Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 - link
>> Eee Pad Transformer TF101 - link
>> Eee Pad Slider SL101 - link

Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi - link

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - link
>> Galaxy Note - link
>> Galaxy Note II - link

Sony Xperia Tablet S - link
>> Tablet S- link

Phones
HTC One X (WW, Rogers, T-Mo, AT&T)
>> One XL
>> One S (WW, Rogers, T-Mo, AT&T)

Samsung
Galaxy S III (Confirmed)
>> Galaxy Nexus (released)
>>>> Carriers: Sprint, Verizon
>> Nexus S (released)
>>> Carriers: Sprint, Verizon

References:
HTC One X - link
>> One XL - link
>> One S - link

Samsung
Galaxy S III - link
>> Galaxy Nexus - link
>>>> Sprint - link
>>>> Verizon - link
>> Nexus S - link
>>>> Sprint - link

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
More devices added! Take a look again, yours might be on there ;) More updates are coming along, so keep watching! Annoucements happen all the time. :)

UPDATE: Subscription feature added. Click the link at the top of the OP, and it'll take you to the subscription page for this thread. You'll be notified whenever I make a new post here, which I will do every time I update!

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Added new devices: Namely, the Galaxy Nexus and S on Sprint, and the Galaxy Note II. Hit the OP to get the entire list.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Intel just confirmed recently that they have ported Jellybean support for their SoCs. Added to list.

D

Dawnstar

All i can say is Jelly bean is much faster than ICS and Window 8 UI

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Jelly Bean is like a dream come true, even on my old Galaxy S. Everything is so smooth...finally, something that makes Android FEEL polished!

I'm not sure about it being faster than Windows 8's UI (I'm running it on my PC now); it is really smooth. I'm sure that smoothness would be apparent on tablets as well.

Its definitely faster than ICS, though! WAY faster!

frick2000

Sep 29, 2012
My upgrade to Jelly Bean on my Asus Transformer Prime went well... except my Camera no longer functions. Everything else I have checked is working perfectly fine. I do like some of the improvements, such as locking the task bar which makes game playing easy. I like the improved zoom features for non tablet apps.

So far I have tried multiple reboots, but it has not helped the camera green buzzy screen. Next is a factory reset, but I have delaying in that action because I dont have the time to rebuild my current apps and data.

Frick2000

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet

frick2000

Sep 29, 2012
frick2000 said:
My upgrade to Jelly Bean on my Asus Transformer Prime went well... except my Camera no longer functions. Everything else I have checked is working perfectly fine. I do like some of the improvements, such as locking the task bar which makes game playing easy. I like the improved zoom features for non tablet apps.

So far I have tried multiple reboots, but it has not helped the camera green buzzy screen. Next is a factory reset, but I have delaying in that action because I dont have the time to rebuild my current apps and data.

Frick2000

I just discovered that my low rez screen facing camera works perfectly.. its only the main camera that green fuzzy rez lines.

frick2000

Sep 29, 2012
Last night I took the long path. A full backup of data and apps, a factory reset. The main camera is still behaving badly. The forward facing camera is still working. Jelly bean on the tfp is fast but the risk free.

strapy

Sep 30, 2012
I have coby kyros mid7022 and get OTA update on JB and all works great, only sometimes had lag when unlocing screen