so here is the nexus running on ice cream 4.0

Last edited by a moderator:

xxbeastxx420

Dec 24, 2011
Is the galaxy tablet 10.1 getting the ice cream sandwhich update

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

criver

Oct 20, 2011
By the way, Ainol Novo 7 Paladin and Elf also come with ICS if I'm not mistaken...
Also, I'd like to ask is this list only for major brand devices - because I don't see any smaller brands here...

criver

Oct 20, 2011
@jollybob: First of all, welcome to the forum! Also, what do you mean by "was it easy, does it work and is it better"? If it is about ICS - it's a matter of taste - I like it quite much, despite the fact that it uses up more RAM, loads a little longer and doesn't have a flash player(yet)...

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Okay, just to answer some questions - I'm going to update the list soon, including some of the lesser-known brands.

I don't want anyone to get the opinion that this is only for big-brand tablets; it's for all of em', no matter the cost.

I just haven't gotten around to it yet ;)

Check for updates soon!

@jollybob: First of all, welcome to the forum! Also, what do you mean by "was it easy, does it work and is it better"? If it is about ICS - it's a matter of taste - I like it quite much, despite the fact that it uses up more RAM, loads a little longer and doesn't have a flash player(yet)...
Actually, Flash is available for ICS. Check my first post, and look around - it should be available. Good luck with ICS, not a lot have it yet!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Okay, just to answer some questions - I'm going to update the list soon, including some of the lesser-known brands.

I don't want anyone to get the opinion that this is only for big-brand tablets; it's for all of em', no matter the cost.

I just haven't gotten around to it yet ;)

Check for updates soon!

Actually, Flash is available for ICS. Check my first post, and look around - it should be available. Good luck with ICS, not a lot have it yet!

Just one observation, the listing you give is only in regards to tablets and ICS. How about a periphrial listing instead? For instance will ICS support 3G/4G USB STICK MODEMS, USB cd/dvd drives, USB headsets.
In one thread, after upgrading to ICS, adhoc tethering was not available.
These are just a few of the reasons why I'd prefer if ACER would take their time and get the system right before releasing. The other manufacturers have rushed their out because of public opinion - and now they're having to fix things.
The word is ICS for the A500 will be mid Feb. And generally Australia and New Zealand will be the first to receive updates. The USA will arrive about 4 to 6 weeks later. This is how all the updates for HC have worked.:rolleyes:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Heya all!

I know I haven't been around for a while, but I'm thinking of kickstarting back up my device threads. Thanks for all the support with this one! I was shocked by the amount of viewers it got.

Anyway, I was thinking of setting up another one for Jelly Bean - personally, I'm loving it even more than ICS so I really would like to get a list out for JB. Would anyone be interested in that?

laguss4

Oct 4, 2011
Heya all!

I know I haven't been around for a while, but I'm thinking of kickstarting back up my device threads. Thanks for all the support with this one! I was shocked by the amount of viewers it got.

Anyway, I was thinking of setting up another one for Jelly Bean - personally, I'm loving it even more than ICS so I really would like to get a list out for JB. Would anyone be interested in that?

Absolutely! I definitely would be interested. What device are you using Jelly Bean on and what is the difference from ICS? :cool:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Laguss4 said:
Absolutely! I definitely would be interested. What device are you using Jelly Bean on and what is the difference from ICS? :cool:
Great! Well, ATM I'm using it on my Galaxy S. Those guys at XDA are awesome;) I'm running the CyanogenMod 10 Alpha edition. So far, I'm liking the smoothness in the Google Apps, like Currents, and all around UI benefits. The S isn't the best hardware wise anymore, but it handles Jelly Bean really well, considering it's age and the fact that this is an Alpha!

It can get bogged down, but that is a hardware qualm and not software. My Grandma has a Nexus 7, and that would probably be a better example of official Jelly Bean performance. Based on my personal examination: the 7 FLIES. Google Now is incredibly fast. Everything is truly butter, literally. I've never seen Android smoother IN MY LIFE! The voice recongition is great, and the offline voice recongnition database is certainly a boon. It is an extremely well polished OS, I'm shocked by how well it performs. I'm getting a ASUS Transformer Pad TF300, and it is getting Jelly Bean as well - that is gonna be awesome!

ASUS Transformer Prime, TF300 and Infinity TF700 getting Jelly Bean in 'the coming months' -- Engadget

I'll work on that Jelly Bean list as soon as I get some time! :D

Last edited: