Android 4.2.2 Will Likely be the Final Version of Android Before Key Lime Pie

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
android-and-a-key-lime-pie.png

Some Italian bloggers with a lot of time on their hands did some serious digging and came to an interesting conclusion. After perusing through the official Android source page at source.android.com, they noticed that for each final version of Android just before the next generation, Google uses the word "latest" at the end to identify it. They surmised that this is Google's not-so-subtle coding for "last version." What they found most intriguing is that Android 4.2.2 already has this moniker tacked on at the end. Deductive reasoning suggests their conclusion could be valid.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Google always simply moves the "latest" descriptor to the end of each version until the next one comes out, even if it is just an incremental update. Without a time machine, there's no way to know for sure, but it is entirely possible they are correct and 4.2.2 is the final version before Key Lime Pie is launched at Google I/O in May. Since Android 4.2.2 just launched for Nexus devices, we will get a chance to see just how final and bug-free this version is, which could solidify their proposition. What do you guys think?

Source: Phone Arena

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Interesting conclusion but like you said, without a time machine... In any case we all know we will reach KLP eventually so whether it is after 4.2.2 or 4.2.5 doesn't really matter to me. Progress is progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
To bad the only part of the title that was appearing in the forum was
[h=2]"Android 4.2.2 Will Likely be the Final Version of Android"[/h]

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
To bad the only part of the title that was appearing in the forum was
[h=2]"Android 4.2.2 Will Likely be the Final Version of Android"[/h]

Not sure what this bear is smoking, but in Dolphin Browser (desktop mode), Safari on my iPhone and Tapatalk HD show the full title.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Firefox Desktop in a desktop. It's a resolution thingy due to poor bear eyesight.