Android 4.2 Tablet Cannot Pick Signal with Inserted SIM Card

Jacobmoss

Feb 3, 2014
Hi there!
I just bought an Android 4.2 calling tablet(dual sim) and problem with it is that when I insert a simcard it is able to recognise the simcard and even registers the name of the service provider, but there is no signal to call or receive calls. I have tried changing service providers and different simcards, but it still does the same thing. The sad thing is I am not even able to use it as a tablet for accessing network as when I go into settings>mobile networks>network mode, i cannot choose the network mode either GSM or WCDMA as it is grey or not accessible. please help me with what I have to do as I am new to Android OS. I also tried doing factory reset to no avail.

Regards

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Did the provider provision the SIM card? If it isn't activated that could be a/the problem.

Jacobmoss

Feb 3, 2014
I have contacted the service provider and they are saying the simcard is active on their side, but still there is no signal? If a Tablet is simlocked locked can it recognise the service provider name when you put in the pin? what could be other possible causes of this device having no signal even though it sees the provider?

Regards

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That's pretty odd and I wish I had an answer. Is it possible to tale it to the provider's store?

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I have never had problems with my phablets. Maybe you need to backup your apps and info. Then go to factory reset.
Also what you can do is to insert your sim and then switch the tablet on. My Via phonetab had problems seeing the sim card if i put it in after switching on. But if put the sim then switched on, it would find the sim.

Marnie Duarte

Aug 1, 2014
I have never had problems with my phablets. Maybe you need to backup your apps and info. Then go to factory reset.
Also what you can do is to insert your sim and then switch the tablet on. My Via phonetab had problems seeing the sim card if i put it in after switching on. But if put the sim then switched on, it would find the sim.
That worked for my phone too.......mid android 4.2.2 tablet/phone. Used sim card from another phone and put it in before turning on tablet, and then it registered under settings and could make a call.

Marnie Duarte

Aug 1, 2014
Hi there!
I just bought an Android 4.2 calling tablet(dual sim) and problem with it is that when I insert a simcard it is able to recognise the simcard and even registers the name of the service provider, but there is no signal to call or receive calls. I have tried changing service providers and different simcards, but it still does the same thing. The sad thing is I am not even able to use it as a tablet for accessing network as when I go into settings>mobile networks>network mode, i cannot choose the network mode either GSM or WCDMA as it is grey or not accessible. please help me with what I have to do as I am new to Android OS. I also tried doing factory reset to no avail.

Regards
Is there a user's manual, pdf online anywhere for the mid android 4.2.2 tablet phone because I could sure use one. I would think it would probably answer these questions as I have similar ones.
thanks!