Android ICS (4) for ViewPAD 10 dual boot

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
so far it works pretty good, there are still a few things that dont work for me, sound, the home button, and the usual stuff that didnt work with Honeycomb. I also cant change the resolution in the build.prop, it will reboot but the launcher will FC making it impossible to do anything. let us know what works and doesnt work for you.

ferfeg

Apr 29, 2011
I saw 2 files: android-x86-4.0 devel-tegrav2 and androidx86-4.0-tegrav2- are these files different? Which should I install?

Sent from my tegav2 using Android Tablet Forum

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
so far it works pretty good, there are still a few things that dont work for me, sound, the home button, and the usual stuff that didnt work with Honeycomb. I also cant change the resolution in the build.prop, it will reboot but the launcher will FC making it impossible to do anything. let us know what works and doesnt work for you.

I have the same problems, as well as the camera does not work.

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
I saw 2 files: android-x86-4.0 devel-tegrav2 and androidx86-4.0-tegrav2- are these files different? Which should I install?

Sent from my tegav2 using Android Tablet Forum

I tried both, both work, but I did not find any difference!!

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
I tried both, both work, but I did not find any difference!!

I found that the newer one seems faster, the home button on screen works, and USB thumb drives work. Not sure how big you can go up to but it does recognize them now.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tobias Claren

Apr 5, 2011
There are Android 4 for the Android VPad10?
Will there be a fault-free version available?

Last edited:

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
There are Android 4 for the Android VPad10?
Will there be a fault-free version?

We hope so, although I have ruled that out, here we moved to 4 even though without solve the problems of 3, of course, with full appreciation for the efforts of these people.

Tobias Claren

Apr 5, 2011
Thanks...

Is this Tablet a real alternative to the Galaxy Tab 10.1?
I read the newer Vpad10Pro (also dualboot) is slow and has a noisy fan.

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
Thanks...

Is this Tablet a real alternative to the Galaxy Tab 10.1?
I read the newer Vpad10Pro (also dualboot) is slow and has a noisy fan.

No, if you are looking for the android only, the samsung surely greatly better, even the
Toshiba Thrive is much better and much cheaper.

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
Is DualBoot a disadvantage?

I will tell you my opinion, my opinion that the value of VPAD 10 lies only in windows, Android that came with VPAD 10 in its original form is just a trick, an old system (1.6-2.2) without any licenses from google and thus without android market, without applications, Viewsonic wanted to sell this expensive device through this trick.

keep in your mind that even this free upgrades (android 3 & 4 ...) will never work well as you wish, but sure it is better than the original.

ferfeg

Apr 29, 2011
When I installed new android (4) lost windows, what can I do.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Tablet Forum

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
When I installed new android (4) lost windows, what can I do.

Sent from my MB855 using Android Tablet Forum

Put windows on USB drive and boot from it, once it boots select repair (or something similar to that) and it should detect and repair the error.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk