Android-x86-4.0 For The Viewpad 10

Haempman

Jan 9, 2012
Hi, sorry for the noob question, I have been searching on the net but have not been able to find an easy answer.

How do I install the new builds? I have a completely original Viewpad 10. Can I just put the file on the SD card and/or do I have to install the Cyanogen boot somehow before? A link to a some install instruction would be perfect, but I could not find any.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Haempman

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
These are .iso image files. They can be burned to a CD, or they can be put on a USB drive or a SD card. You will need to use an application for this, depending on what operating system you are using, the applications will be different.

Haempman

Jan 9, 2012
Thank you for the answer waterhead. Do you mean I need a program to burn on a cd or USB or do I need a program to be able to install the new build.

I have done all this on my htc desire but since the information is not quite conclusive since I don't know the differences between the tegav2 and the viewpad 10 I am just not sure what to do. Do I need to install a clockwork recovery or can I somehow instally it directly from the SD using some kind of daemon tools? Do I need to root the tablet, I think I heard somewhere that it is rooted to begin with.

Right now my tablet is completely original and I would in the end want to completely wipe the windows and only use android.

waterhead

Jan 16, 2012
This tablet is more like a regular netbook, than it is an Android tablet. It has an Intel Atom CPU, so installations are just like a regular computer. You don't "flash" anything, and you don't need clockwork recovery. You shouldn't even need to "root" it, if you install the filesystem as read/write.

You will need an application to either burn the .iso image to a CD, or create a bootable USB drive. I gave links in my openSUSE Linux Installation thread on how to do this. You can follow those instructions for the Android .iso image file:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-opensuse-linux-12-1-gnome.html#post189160

When I used Windows, I used Nero to burn image file to a CD.

This is a "LiveCD", meaning that you can boot into Android directly from the CD (or USB). It will run it from the CD and system memory without installing it. This way you can try it out before installation, but since it runs only off of the memory, it may be a bit slow to respond.

Another way to install this it to install it to a microSD card. Android and Linux run just fine from a SD card, but Windows won't. It looks like a 2 or 4 GB SD card would be enough. But, if you don't want to change the current boot setup, make sure you tell it to install the Android GRUB bootloader to the SD card.